• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 124, 136, 121...

35 posts in this topic

Yeah. Book looks fantastic from the front, but you can see 5 color-breaking spine hits on the bc. I would think that drops it to 9.2, maybe even 9.0

I think you under estimate what you have! I did some comparisons to CGC graded books and as long as you don't have any hidden defects 9.4 is not out of the question at all!

I usually review the scans and determine the grade that I feel it is worthy of. I post it and then I go search out graded copies to see how close I was. This I find has helped my grading skills. Not always 100% but I think if you check out the link below you will see what I am talking about!

ASM #124 CGC and Non-CGC HA List

TOD is a 9.2 IMHOsmiley-signs093.gif

You've got spine tics (albeit small, but 3-4 and they might BC but it's tough to tell), blunted TLHC (Front)/TRHC (Back), abraded bottom corner on the spine side and a rounded bottom comer opposite. The rest of the book looks great! (thumbs u

AC #473 looks quite remarkable (but all of the books you posted here were FAB-u-OUS)!

The spine on this book is immaculate from the front (which to me is most important) however the back shows 4-5 minor stresses, very minor. Again some corner issues but very minor this time.

I would give this book a 9.4 with a strong possibility of a 9.6 the way CGC has been grading lately. (thumbs u

In my opinion they have loosened their grading standards slightly. They are more lenient on the spine tics including those that break colour and the corner dings also seem to be more forgiving than earlier graded books

(like 2000 to 2010 maybe?) :o

Great set of books any way you look at it. It's really nice to see some clean, well cared for books! :applause:

This book (ASM #121) is probably a 9.2 (thumbs u

Small spine stress and the corners on the spine side are rounded. There is also what appears to be a scratch on the Marvel banner just next to the CCA badge.

Still this is a beautiful book :applause: