• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Strange Tales Annual #2

14 posts in this topic

Ouch! That hurts!

smiley-devil14.gif

I think (and this is one that I am not too sure about) that CGC will knock this down to about 4.5 because of the colour-breaking subscription crease! But I really think the book is much nicer than that! (thumbs u

So many copies of this book have a split at the lower spine. Mine has a one-and-a-half inch split on the back cover at the spine.

I think Philreal's copy ought to make a 5.5 because of its so-much-better-than-average spine. (I know there's a default limitation on grading when there's a full body bend in a book, designated as a "subscription crease." But I'm wondering too if annuals were included in subscriptions in 1963? I thought the subscriber just got the twelve regular issues in the year.)

Anyway, lovely book.

Subscription crease, blunted corners, some foxing to back cover. all pages secure with no tears, off-white. Thanks!

:gossip: That looks more like acidification or shadowing than foxing on the BC.

(thumbs u thank you! That's why I love these forums!