• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEED HELP FINDING MISSING Richie Rich Diamonds #5 CGC 9.8

29 posts in this topic

It's just frustrating and this thread gave me the opportunity to vent a little??

That's very fair, I would just caution how it reads when you say you've not been able to keep a conversation with Stephen. Sounds like folks are trying to help. (thumbs u

Hopefully you'll one day get the opportunity to get it in your collection. :wishluck:

Again, I would pick up the phone and try to get more help.

When push comes to shove though, I think you just waited too long. I don't think its fair to expect WW to remember what happened three years ago :(

Thanks for your comments Bronty. Unfortunately in this day and age of computers it should be quite easy to remember or at least determine what happened three years ago. After all as I mentioned previously they were able to verify selling the book to me!

The point that they should may be true, but that's not been my observations at cons. Aside from Bob Storms who always seems to be updating his inventory on that laptop he carries, I've not seen a lot of technology used with inventory managment by dealers. The most common system seems to be chicken scratch on note pads. lol

Assume best intent.

Point taken. I have no ill feelings toward Stephen or WW Comics, as I have stated before I was just frustrated to find that the book is missing and then watch as it auctions away. I'm not a dealer - just a collector, not wealthy - just getting by.

It's just frustrating and this thread gave me the opportunity to vent a little??

That's very fair, I would just caution how it reads when you say you've not been able to keep a conversation with Stephen. Sounds like folks are trying to help. (thumbs u

Hopefully you'll one day get the opportunity to get it in your collection. :wishluck:

Thanks! Hopefully some day!

Thanks! Hopefully some day!

One thing you may want to check into is the feature that HA has to make an offer to the current owner. That could be a way to buy back the book.

Again, I would pick up the phone and try to get more help.

When push comes to shove though, I think you just waited too long. I don't think its fair to expect WW to remember what happened three years ago :(

Thanks for your comments Bronty. Unfortunately in this day and age of computers it should be quite easy to remember or at least determine what happened three years ago. After all as I mentioned previously they were able to verify selling the book to me!

I understand and I sympathize with your situation.

But it should also be easy on your part to pick up the phone and ask Stephen more directly than via email.

The phone will sometimes get results that email doesn't. (shrug)

The dealer who failed to ship it to you owes you an apology and a full refund if a replacement comic is not available.

I think you realize that you are responsible for checking on your packages in a reasonable amount of time and so you bear some of the responsibility for the mistake. If the dealer had been promptly notified of his error, he might have been able to correct it before accidentally selling the book to another customer.

This is not a matter for the police because no crime is involved unless the seller fraudulently sold the book to multiple parties. This clearly appears to be a terrible mistake under the facts you present.

The subsequent buyer(s) are not at fault. The person who bought the book from Heritage would be the the lawful owner under US law.

BTW, see "Plastino, Al". Same thing.

Wow! What a read. I always say that some where there are people worse off than I am so I must look to the brighter side of life! This kind of put things into perspective! Thanks for the link FD! (thumbs u