• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

14 Hours Later

3 posts in this topic

Or, why aren't my 5AM journals rarer than they should be?

14 hours later

My normal Saturday now consists of breakfast with one of my best friends, a nap, and an eight hour shift. That did not happen this Saturday. My friend was in New York, I slept late, and I left work 14 hours after I started.

I know the amount I have to earn every week to pay my bills. If I take off from work for a vacation or possibly a special presentation of Dr. Who on Monday, I lose money. I guess luck would have it that the night shift was going to be down four servers. I was asked to stay. I am glad I did. The amount I made makes up for the day off I'm taking and then I'll have an extra five hours on Thanksgiving day.

I'm proud of myself because this is how I have to act over the next three odd months. I have two conventions I need to prepare for. Both will be across country. Then I need to save for what I plan to spend and have enough for food. Knowing I can work a 14 hour shift allows me the peace of mind to know even though I am only working five days, I'm not lazy.

I also was able to overcome the desire to bid on some items. It's safe to say I am not as addicted as I was last year. My goals for next year are forming. A budget better than this year must be set. And I hope I can follow it.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14742.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing, working to raise the capital for the cons and avoiding the temptations of auctions.

It's not easy, but these things must be done!

Keep strong and good things will come of it.

SW3D