• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Ten Comics That Nobody Knows Exist

47 posts in this topic

Here's a fun one. Name some of the top comics that you know exist but are not widely known. Send scans if you have them and share whatever info you have.

For instance,

There is a 3rd print of Wolverine 145 with black claws that pops up on eBay every once in a blue moon but it isn't listed in price guides. Wolverine 145 also has a super-scarce "bone claws" error variant with white claws instead of foil.

On the other hand, Wizard lists a black & white variant for Spider-Man 1 that I've never seen.

Most people know of the Black error edition of Venom #1 but what about the white variant listed in the CGC census?

Pressman Game Company had a send-away gold edition of Uncanny X-Men 297. There is a cover scan at comicspriceguide.com

The gold foil Amazing Spider-Man 375 also had a white error cover like Black Venom. Has anyone seen a similar error for the other foil comics that came out at the same time - Spectacular Spider-Man 200 or Web of Spider-Man 100?

Paging Mr. Ian Levine, Mr. Ian Levine, you have a message.

I do ???????

How exciting.

I wonder what it could be.

And as for comics that nobody knows exist, does the Warlord Remco giveaway mini-comic exist or not ???

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, said it didn't, including Paul Levitz.

Until Mike Voiles insisted he has one.

Does the Bugs Bunny Stampers mini-comic exist ???

I have seen no evidence to prove it does.

Does the Flash TV Giveaway Brochure exist ??? It's listed in Overstreet but nobody has ever seen one.

BUT the 1977 DC Superheroes Vitamins giveaway, that every expert said DIDN'T exist, most certainly does because I've had one for ages.

Similarly the Twisted Metal DC comic, that all the Twisted Metal fans thought was a myth, also exists, and I even once posted up a scan of mine on these boards.

BUT the 1977 DC Superheroes Vitamins giveaway, that every expert said DIDN'T exist, most certainly does because I've had one for ages.

Similarly the Twisted Metal DC comic, that all the Twisted Metal fans thought was a myth, also exists, and I even once posted up a scan of mine on these boards.

I don't believe you own it. sumo.gif

I don't believe you own it. sumo.gif

Whats twisted metal!

Sorry to steer things somewhat back on topic...

A few from my collection that I'm guessing no one else has and few people know or care about:

Cynicalman (nn) by Matt Feazel... hilarious mid-'80s one-shot put out by Eclipse, I believe. Some great one-liners from Cynicalman and his coterie of stick-figure friends and family.

Marco The Metamorphic Manatee ... I'm not making this up. A very obviously independent one-shot about...well, you can tell what it's about...

AntBoy - another Feazel classic about a boy raised in the wild by ants...