• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you leave negative feedback in this situation?

29 posts in this topic

Was this a Star Wars toy? If it is, PM me the sellers name. There are a handful of sellers who have done this sort of thing in the past. One of them being a big name dealer in that hobby.

Close. It was a graded GI Joe figure that I really wanted, as it was a mail in exclusive. I do not like to j'ump the gun' on these sort of things, but I always sell items regardless of the end price even if it means taking a loss. I never could understand why sellers who expect a certain amount for an item don't just use a reserve.

I emailed the seller exclaiming my disappointment and I hope he responds. I am having horrible luck on eBay lately, having just received a negative comment over $13 of Lego parts I sold. I even said the buyer coud keep the darn lot if he woud remove the negative. He never even contacted me or made any other complaints; he just went right to leaving a neg.

I don't understand eBay anymore. Has it really often this bad? If so, I am glad I sold off most of my holdings in my video game business. Ironically, besides my personal video game collections (which I am of course keeping); I still have a room full of vintage video games, systems, and accessories that need to be sold. I have been out of the eBay loop for a few years, ever since I went full fledged into higher end antiques. Maybe it was for the best, who knows?

Respectfully,

'mint'

'Mint' I would recommend going to Amazon for selling Lego, video games, books, dvds and action figures.

You will get more lookers than EBay. Also about Amazon is you don`t have to worry about feedback, as rarely anyone ever posts feedback. IMHO

The same thing happened to me with a comic from Koch Comics. I won a Star Wars $0.35 issue in an auction on E-Bay. They claim they lost the comic, but I suspect they didn't like the price I was going to pay for it. (It was under $100.) I was extremely disappointed (these Star Wars $0.35 issues are my holy grails), but ultimately, I decided to not leave negative feedback. I wanted to at the time, but now I feel I did the correct thing.

They probably did you a favor. Koch Comics grading is very much on the "loose" side.

Is Koch Comics Joe Koch out of New York? I haven't bought from him recently, but I've had good experiences with him in years past; I don't think he'd lie to avoid letting a book go cheap. I think his inventory is massive, so if he says he lost the book, he probably did misplace it.

Was this a Star Wars toy? If it is, PM me the sellers name. There are a handful of sellers who have done this sort of thing in the past. One of them being a big name dealer in that hobby.

Close. It was a graded GI Joe figure that I really wanted, as it was a mail in exclusive. I do not like to j'ump the gun' on these sort of things, but I always sell items regardless of the end price even if it means taking a loss. I never could understand why sellers who expect a certain amount for an item don't just use a reserve.

I emailed the seller exclaiming my disappointment and I hope he responds. I am having horrible luck on eBay lately, having just received a negative comment over $13 of Lego parts I sold. I even said the buyer coud keep the darn lot if he woud remove the negative. He never even contacted me or made any other complaints; he just went right to leaving a neg.

I don't understand eBay anymore. Has it really often this bad? If so, I am glad I sold off most of my holdings in my video game business. Ironically, besides my personal video game collections (which I am of course keeping); I still have a room full of vintage video games, systems, and accessories that need to be sold. I have been out of the eBay loop for a few years, ever since I went full fledged into higher end antiques. Maybe it was for the best, who knows?

Respectfully,

'mint'

'Mint' I would recommend going to Amazon for selling Lego, video games, books, dvds and action figures.

You will get more lookers than EBay. Also about Amazon is you don`t have to worry about feedback, as rarely anyone ever posts feedback. IMHO

There are too many lazy people to leave the feedbacks. It's kind of hard to find the feedback. IMHO too!

I'd let it go. You'll probably find the same item for maybe even a lower price soon -- it's a buyer's market. And negative feedback really hurts sellers (from what I can tell, I've never sold on ebay), and I think better to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The same thing happened to me with a comic from Koch Comics. I won a Star Wars $0.35 issue in an auction on E-Bay. They claim they lost the comic, but I suspect they didn't like the price I was going to pay for it. (It was under $100.) I was extremely disappointed (these Star Wars $0.35 issues are my holy grails), but ultimately, I decided to not leave negative feedback. I wanted to at the time, but now I feel I did the correct thing.

They probably did you a favor. Koch Comics grading is very much on the "loose" side.

Is Koch Comics Joe Koch out of New York? I haven't bought from him recently, but I've had good experiences with him in years past; I don't think he'd lie to avoid letting a book go cheap. I think his inventory is massive, so if he says he lost the book, he probably did misplace it.

Yes, that is the correct store. It's possible. I've seen pictures of the warehouse and it does not strike me as a highly organized place.

This was my first and only purchase from him. I don't know if he is a good grader or not, since I never saw the one comic book I won. Honestly, while I see comics from time to time I want from him, that one experience has soured me on wanting to try to buy a comic from him again.

If it's really something that's difficult to lose, I would leave negative feedback. Not doing so is just giving him a license to pull the same sort of stunt again.

Personally, I feel way too many people are too quick to leave negative feedback on eBay. This is why there are a lot of lawsuits filed over feedback issues; justified or not. On a sude note, I don't think I deserve negative feedback for selling several pounds of Lego parts as described for $13 either.

I am attempting to see if this individual resells the item in question, or if it shows up on one of the many forums I lurk on. This is how I will decide if feedback is justified. I find it hard to believe that he lost the item. I have tens of thousands of collectibles spanning multiple collecting categories. I have never misplaced an item. I do understand however, that I am an extremely 'anal' OCD kind of collector though!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!