• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #5 - comments and spoilers (cover revealed)

95 posts in this topic

I really felt as if Firestorm's death was tacked on to Identity Crisis justify the existance of the "new" Firestorm.

I don't follow the DC Universe and I only picked up this series due to the recommendations of the forum. I just enjoy watching the carnage. Kind of reminds me of Punisher kills the Marvel Universe. My guess is that it is that type of character killing off everyone.

Ronnie's "death" was lame. At least Jack of Heart's death was told in the context of the story. Firestorm died in a flashback sequence told by Superman. It was even more stupid because the Firestorm title has been out for awhile. If Ronnie's death caused the new Firestorm, then the continuity is out of whack.

So Is the Green Lantern Continuity!

explain please.

In issue 5 Green Lantern is fighting on earth

In the Green lantern Books he has been fighting Fatality and Major Damage and Left Earth to live in outer space. He has been fighting non stop so how is he on patrol searching for the killer?

explain please.

In the Green lantern Books he has been fighting Fatality and Major Damage and Left Earth to live in outer space. He has been fighting non stop so how is he on patrol searching for the killer?

The Green Lantern title doesn't tie into the Identity Crisis storyline, as is the case with some of the other DC titles.

Wait a minute, Kyle is on Earth in the current GL storyline after returning from space. Major Damage killed his girlfriend and pretended to stuff his mother in the fridge.

explain please.

The Green Lantern title doesn't tie into the Identity Crisis storyline, as is the case with some of the other DC titles.

Wait a minute, Kyle is on Earth in the current GL storyline after returning from space. Major Damage killed his girlfriend and pretended to stuff his mother in the fridge.

Last issue he left for space never to return

explain please.

never?

THOUGHTS ON IDENTITY CRISIS #5 : .....The throw is perfect. too perfect ...

DAD....! ....OH,L.. ORD, THUNK . "How'd ya do that??"..."I- Ihave no idea...

I just ran..." "Ya have speed.... WHAT? My son has SPEED...."

"Golden Glider isn't my mother, is she?"

"NO" 893whatthe.gif OK HOT SHOTS W T F DOES ALL THIS MEAN 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gif

"NO" 893whatthe.gif OK HOT SHOTS W T F DOES ALL THIS MEAN 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gif

Apparently it may mean that Barry Allen (The Flash) may be his father. confused-smiley-013.gif

So my LCS owner tells me that the secret was revealed in the hardcover DC Encyclopedia?!

WTF?! Sounds like poor planning on DC's part if that's true.

The story on the "Ask the Editors" section of dc-comics.com: The Encyclopedia went to press when only issue #1 of IC was out. DC didn't reveal any inside information as the Encyclopedia is a licensed property, not a DC in-house publication. The editors of the Encyclopedia make a leap based on what they read in IC #1. Their "reveal" of the secret was just a guess on their part-- a guess since cast into serious doubt by subsequent issues of IC.

Or at least that's what DC's disinformation campaign would have you believe! devil.gif

Apparently it may mean that Barry Allen (The Flash) may be his father. confused-smiley-013.gif

Then why say"MY SON... MY SON HAS SPEED ?????? confused.gif

Captain Boomerang may be under the assumption that that is his biological son, when in fact he may actually be Barry's son. In the Flash book Wally West, the current Flash is learning of a terrible secret about BArry Allen. A secret which hasn't been revealed yet, but hints that it tarnishes Barry's character. Having a child with a criminal, Golden Glider, would qualify as being tarnished. Not sure where the whole Golden Glider isn't my mother thing fits in.

Captain Boomerang may be under the assumption that that is his biological son, when in fact he may actually be Barry's son. In the Flash book Wally West, the current Flash is learning of a terrible secret about BArry Allen. A secret which hasn't been revealed yet, but hints that it tarnishes Barry's character. Having a child with a criminal, Golden Glider, would qualify as being tarnished. Not sure where the whole Golden Glider isn't my mother thing fits in.

Thanks Rick, I can see the first part of what you say as AN, answer, but the rest is still a

mystery. That the great thing about this story some much is still up in the air. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

From what I have read so far, Johns uses a lot of red herrings to throw the reader off.

OK I got to ask WHO IS "JOHNS"???

He's the guy who writes the Flash right now. Geoff Johns.

explain please.

never?

You cant say never in comics but his last words were

"Behind me... there is nothing.. that part of my life is over...

There has to be something waiting for me... I just have to go find it!

From what I have read so far, Johns uses a lot of red herrings to throw the reader off.

OK I got to ask WHO IS "JOHNS"???

He's the guy who writes the Flash right now. Geoff Johns.

Well then, as I am not reading the Flash that might be why I did not know. confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif You oughta check it out.

Last month's issue of Flash seems to be a major IC crossover (and will be continued into this month's Flash storyline, perhaps longer).

I say "seems" because as someone mentioned above, there is always the possibility of a red herring!

Does anyone know who got Barry's body when the heroes & villains swaped? We were talking about it and thought maybe it was Boomerang & he took it over to the Golden Glider for a quickie. Pun intended. crazy.gif