• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #5 - comments and spoilers (cover revealed)

95 posts in this topic

$10-20, and all of the big online dealers are sold out. You can still find them on eBay for cheap in lots or not listed as Identity Crisis tie-ins, but if they are, bang.

And, BTW, I think the bad guy is the Mirror Master.

I just picked up a set of 9.6s @ Metropolis today. I think I already have the books, but bought them just in case. Superworld is offering the books on their site (nm) as well. Seems like the Nightwing rumor could be true. Just from reading the DC solicitations, looks like his title is running a year one story, and Robin and Batgirl are now operating out if Bludhaven.

And, BTW, I think the bad guy is the Mirror Master.

I don't. He gets the [!@#%^&^] kicked out of him by Wildcat on the 6th page.

I'm leaning more towards the Calculator as the catalyst. The first two attacks were on the spouse of the heroes who humbled him back in 'Tec 468 (Elongated Man and the Atom). That leaves GA, Black Canary, Hawkman and Batman as possible targets.

Any increase in interest in Detective 463-468 because of Identity Crisis?

I think though that he is being backed/hired by someone with resources and access to information who wants to take it to another level altogether... by hitting Batman and Superman through their loved ones... Lois and Robin (obviously Robin's dad is the prime target in this issue). Wonder Woman may be targetted shortly...

I still think Amanda Waller is a strong candidate, but I have more doubts.

And I think Digger is going to die in a blaze of glory and that's his funeral taking place in Flash 218.

It was bound to happen:

IDCR1_RPCVR.jpg

Press Release

With the second printing of IDENTITY CRISIS #1 (APR045288), written by Brad Meltzer with art by Rags Morales & Michael Bair, sold out before its in-store date of October 20, DC Comics is sending the issue back to press for IDENTITY CRISIS #1 Third Printing (APR045290). The new printing will feature a brand-new cover by Morales & Bair and is scheduled to arrive in stores on November 10.

"The entire creative team is overwhelmed by the response to IDENTITY CRISIS," says Morales. "It's going to be quite a feat to top our work on this series. For the cover, I'm working on a new piece of art, and I hope people like it! On behalf of the whole team, I'd like to say thank you very much!"

"The public's interest in this powerful debut issue shows no sign of letting up," says Bob Wayne, DC's VP - Sales & Marketing. "We're happy to make it available again, to make sure retailers can sell all the subsequent issues on their shelves...and order more copies!"

IDENTITY CRISIS #1 Third Printing (APR045290) is available for order now and is scheduled to arrive in stores on November 10 with a cover price of $3.95 U.S. This new printing has an order increase cut-off date of Sunday, October 31. Retailers may order the issue by contacting their Diamond Customer Service Representatives or DC Sales Representatives, or by email at reorders@diamondcomics.com.