• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail arrived - but what a price already!

27 posts in this topic

It really is a great issue. Unfortunately I overpaid for mine about eight years ago when I had difficulty locating one. I still have it in my collection... even though it doesn't fit in with my pre-code horror books, I just can't part with it!

I don't have a scanner, only a digital camera. But in this case, it's not really worth shooting. My copy is one step from a beater. 1cm missing corner on the lower right cover and tape on the spine. I'd call it Good at best. I paid way too much for it at the time (about $250). It was when there was a pre-code horror and Atlas superhero boom in the mid 90s.

Metro has a CGC 7.0 copy for $2K.

I was lucky enough to BIN a CGC 6.5 a year or so ago for $825. I think I had already paypaled the seller 40 minutes after the auction had started, so I don't know how good a reference that price is.

If the one on Ebay were a solid 4.0, I think the current bid would be pretty fair, but it looks like it could just as easily have been a 3.5.

While YM#24 isn't exactly scarce, it is a key book, and while it will never reach the status of AF #15 or FF#1 - it probably still has room to grow in value - although $2K for a 7.0 is pretty steep already.

I find that the CGC is consistently very forgiving when it comes to solid black covers on GA books (and I can't say that I find any fault in that). Black tends to loose it's luster very quickly and little imperfections almost always show up when you are dealing with books that old.

I think it's a rather decent 4.0. I think most professional graders would probably give it the same grade.

My god, it's up to $988 - maybe $2K for a 7.0 isn't out of line. Has the ship sailed on this book, as far as it having room to grow in value, or is it just starting to shoot up again. i remember seeing a few raw G/VG to VG+ copies selling on Ebay in the $400-$600 range in the last couple of years.

I don't think this is an insane price, but I do know I would nt pay it at the moment.

After seing this metro will do the usual and put the price up in the next week or so!

The bidder 'rollingstonesaftermath' obviously wants this, and has bid on a few nice GAbooks recently. If you want this copy, let this guy win one first thumbsup2.gif

GPA average on a 6.5 is $905.

How does GPA work? According to the census there is only 1 6.5 copy - the one I BINned on Ebay for $825 a little more than a year ago. I can't imagine the seller listed a BIN for less than he payed - so how does GPA come up with $905? Or is there another 6.5 that hasn't been entered into the census yet?