• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know what this goes for? BLOOD IS THE HARVEST (WW 2 comic)

12 posts in this topic

I have the "before unknown" 14th copy (only 13 known to exist it seems) of BLOOD IS THE HARVEST from Catechetical Guild, published in 1950.

My copy is a Fine copy.

I haven't sent it to CGC yet...anyone know what these 14 books are worth?

I have the "before unknown" 14th copy (only 13 known to exist it seems) of BLOOD IS THE HARVEST from Catechetical Guild, published in 1950.

My copy is a Fine copy.

I haven't sent it to CGC yet...anyone know what these 14 books are worth?

This should give you some idea:

CGC used to grade this book for free.

Here is a list of sales of certified copies:

NM 9.4: $3,240 in Nov. 2003

VF- 7.5: $1,000 in May 2003

VG/FN 5.0: $400 in Feb. 2003.

By the way -- I sent Hammer a PM via the CPG site, asking for his opinion on these books. Below is his response. I don't have any knowledge about these books and so I can't offer any real insight. But if anyone has any insight on these books, it would be Hammer, as I believe he's owned at least one copy in the past:

Hammer2

A True Collector

USA

2198 Posts

Sent - 10/19/2004 : 11:55:25 PM

Cathelitical guild books...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.. on a whole, throughout the history of the hobby have been in VERY subdued demand. Look at how few there are and how LOW the Overstreet is despite that fact due to negligible demand. There's only ONE untrimmed version and it STILL guides for the same as it did 20 years ago... $600. Even cheaper than the ones that 6 and 14 exist on!!!! The untrimmed one being stifled by its own rarity, never selling because the one person who owns it (that paid $600 for it, soon after Phil Levine acquired it) isn't selling!! These books, like "Lucky fights it through", If the devil could talk, and other "promotional/inspirational" comics have a VERY limited audience, made even MORE limited by their listings being SEGREGATED in their own Overstreet section ("Promotional comics"), which I believe was the final embrace in the kiss of death!!

I had one of these for several years. I paid very close to guide as I thought it would bring a huge premium over what I paid.. After hauling it around to many shows over a three year period,I traded it for about what I had paid years earlier.

It is a great conversation peice but seems to be a magnet for every unwashed fan-boy to stand in front of your table for hours telling everyone how rare the book is,and how he would buy it except he had just ordered a Star Tek chess set or something.

The few who both want and can afford this book seem to have it already.