• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best comic shop in San Fran?

26 posts in this topic

What about Lee's Comics? I haven't been there in many years, but they used to be quite good

Lee's is a good shop (he has two), but you have to make an appointment to see any of the good stuff - it's all locked up in his office. On the other hand, it's all on eBay so you can make a list of what you want to see beforehand.

Hey everyone, need some help. In on vacation in SF and was wondering what the best shop was. I'll be in the city, San Mateo, Burlingame, and Palo Alto. So any recos would be awesome!

If you travel a little further south, check this place out.

Comic Collector Shop

574 E El Camino Real Sunnyvale, CA 94087

(408) 732-8775

The owner bought out Rich and Ken (R&K Comics) when they retired, so he has a large back issue inventory. It's kind of a dingy, dusty shop, but it has the largest amount of back issues that I've seen in the Bay Area. Reasonable prices too.

Don't call it san fran

Comic Outpost is having a huge clearance sale. 70% off of all Hardcover Books, Trades and Graphic Novels. Saw a Jack Davis' EC Stories Artist's Edition, which retails at $125, discounted to $37.50. 50% off all Silver and Bronze age comics.

Selection isn't great, but bargains can be found.

http://comicoutpost.net/

Don't call it san fran

or Frisco. Locals seem to hate that.

Indeed! The self-proclaimed Emperor Norton I of San Francisco in 1872, issued this stern edict:

"Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco," which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars."

And people did not mess with Emperor Norton. Indeed, he was beloved by all.