• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

Catwoman #23.

+1.

And if we are talking single issues:

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

Almost everything that option, gets very hot immediately as everyone scrambles for it and the supply is artificially scarce. Invariably things will then settle down a bit, as supply comes to market in response to the price spike.

How low has Todd 9.8 blue gone? With a small print run I would think the speculative floor on it would be a little bit higher than normal.

Yeah, I know and like krighton . It is still my opinion that showing that many copies of each book makes it look like a glut of material is available on ebay . It is weird that someone would copy that particular picture. It worked for 1 seller and didn't work the other. The surprising thing to me is that it is selling as well as it is in sets and getting killed when sold individually.

On the first part, I agree, I would say in general sometimes people cut their losses and just get what they can for some books though. I know I have done this, sold something in bulk just to move on.

You gotta think, the people who are in the market for NWM, are going to be more likely to buy a large group than try and pay for every book individually.

Especially if they are non-american, you want to pay as little in shipping as possible.

You make a good point. I do the same when I buy almost anything. Do you remember how much NWM #1 and the set were bringing when you take your break ?

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

Almost everything that option, gets very hot immediately as everyone scrambles for it and the supply is artificially scarce. Invariably things will then settle down a bit, as supply comes to market in response to the price spike.

How low has Todd 9.8 blue gone? With a small print run I would think the speculative floor on it would be a little bit higher than normal.

I only mentioned Todd in the context of "cooling" down, I completely expect #1 to go up in the long haul, the series is so solid. Blue 9.8s still do fine, but raws have dipped slightly lately...I picked up a few (thumbs u

I only mentioned Todd in the context of "cooling" down, I completely expect #1 to go up in the long haul, the series is so solid. Blue 9.8s still do fine, but raws have dipped slightly lately...I picked up a few (thumbs u

Yah, it was one of a handful of books I rated a buy last spring, and I did manage to get a couple for cover, even though it was already past issue 2 at that point.

I think its got long term potential, it never got INSANELY high, so those buying after the news aren't really hurting, its print run is really small, and its the kind of quirky book that comic industry and critic types love. That matters for buzz (Saga's reviews and love in the industry is how it got such a strong print run).

I wouldnt be buying them already slabbed (unless you are collecting), but from a buy to sell later point, it's probably safe to buy and slab 9.8 candidates. Especially if the raws are cooling off.

You make a good point. I do the same when I buy almost anything. Do you remember how much NWM #1 and the set were bringing when you take your break ?

it had already burst its bubble, but was still probably around $70ish for the 9.8s. I had managed to get two NM+ raws at cover on that one, and held them to slab. should have just sold them raw, could have got $40 each for them at the peak.

The highest for around $200+ if I remembered correctly.

Lowest I have seen is USD100+

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

Day Men and Clone never really got that high, did either break $15? I would say the print run in those two mentioned, and Todd, still give the book's potential (because it's so low).

Yeah, I know and like krighton . It is still my opinion that showing that many copies of each book makes it look like a glut of material is available on ebay . It is weird that someone would copy that particular picture. It worked for 1 seller and didn't work the other. The surprising thing to me is that it is selling as well as it is in sets and getting killed when sold individually.

On the first part, I agree, I would say in general sometimes people cut their losses and just get what they can for some books though. I know I have done this, sold something in bulk just to move on.

You gotta think, the people who are in the market for NWM, are going to be more likely to buy a large group than try and pay for every book individually.

Especially if they are non-american, you want to pay as little in shipping as possible.

NWM is publishing again, so that's a positive for it. However, how many variants are there? Has any modern book with many variants fared well in the aftermarket?

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

Day Men and Clone never really got that high, did either break $15? I would say the print run in those two mentioned, and Todd, still give the book's potential (because it's so low).

I was kind of thinking the same thing when I read this. Clone 1 got up to around $20 for maybe a week which was a big winner but it still brings around $10-15 which isn't bad if you got in cheap. If I remember right, Day Men 1 hit somewhere around $25 for 1 day then fell back to $17-$20 for a few days. It also seems to have settled around $10 which is what it has been selling for for at least a month or so. I'm impressed that Day Men didn't tank considering the delay in producing #2 but it was a pretty cool concept.

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

When I put a raw 1 1st print up for sale it never lasts more then a few days. The value has come down some from the $50-100 it was going for right after TV release, but I still have NP selling 1s. I have sold all my lower grades(VF to VF/NM) for $20-35 easily.

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

I was kind of thinking the same thing when I read this. Clone 1 got up to around $20 for maybe a week which was a big winner but it still brings around $10-15 which isn't bad if you got in cheap. If I remember right, Day Men 1 hit somewhere around $25 for 1 day then fell back to $17-$20 for a few days. It also seems to have settled around $10 which is what it has been selling for for at least a month or so. I'm impressed that Day Men didn't tank considering the delay in producing #2 but it was a pretty cool concept.

All the above is correct I think. I will note my SDCC copies were cancelled order so something is up with this book. Its beyond just being late I think.

NWM is publishing again, so that's a positive for it. However, how many variants are there? Has any modern book with many variants fared well in the aftermarket?

It is a cool story so I'm still reading it. In reference to the multiple cover books, no other winners come to mind. This series has really held up well in relationship to other hot books . I think an average of $50-$60 per raw 6 issue set is pretty nice. I wish they all did this well in the future.

Catwoman #23.

+1.

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

All the above is correct I think. I will note my SDCC copies were cancelled order so something is up with this book. Its beyond just being late I think.

lol One can hope.

Lets at least have evidence to provide when you suggest a book.

In some cases like Bedlam its a no brainer, but others might need some evidence to back it up.

i did post ebay links with my starting post. I think its nice to have debate and discussion, but some actual sales data is better