• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Archie 4, 7, & 8

7 posts in this topic

I found these in a box on the counter of a LCS of all places. They had just been brought in from a barn. I made an offer for the whole box of GA in which they were in but the shop owner wouldn't do it so we kind of went thru the box and I cherry picked what I wanted... lots of good stuff. He looked at an OSG and he told me what $ he wanted... we haggled for a while and I got a fantastic price (I don't think he knew that these early archies go for a lot). Overall I bought about 50 comics many of which I have sold on the boards but these 3 I wanted to slab.

i never realized that you could get a great price at a LCS.

Anyway, here's a pic of Archie 4, 7, & 8. I don't have pics of the back covers. I put a little archival tape on ragged spines & edges to clean up the look of these 3, so I knew when I sent them into CGC they would get "notes" about the tape, but I was pretty confident that they would still get Blue labels, but with tape.... you never know.

Try to guess the grades & color of the label on each of them & I will tell you what they came back as later tonight or tomorrow. 7 & 8 have detached covers.

get-attachment-42aspx_zps87dcceff.jpeg

Wow. Congrats on your find. That's pretty amazing to get early Archies anywhere near overstreet...

Overstreet is so far behind in what the true value is on these that it's easy to get a "deal" when the LCS goes by the OSG on early Archies. I think I paid $800 total for these 3 which is probably close to what the guide prices were, but we all know that I could sell these for much more than that.

I guess what surprised me was that I could get such a deal from an LCS. They're supposed to know better. They're in the business.