• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: DO YOU HATE THE FORUM'S NEW LOOK?

Do you hate the forum's new look?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate the forum's new look?

35 posts in this topic

eh, no... yeahok.gif

What I hate is this:

Other notables are a limit on the number of private messages allowed,

You know, it would have been nice to get some advance warning on this. Really ticked about it. I ended up just deleting all my PMs, since I was suddenly over the limit and could not receive any new ones. So if I PM you for some info you already gave me, blame this wonderfully implemented upgrade. mad.gif

The main thing I have seen is the PM limit. Which I think is an issue otherwise it seems ok. I deleted a bunch and it still says I am above the limit. What is the limit? The site seems a little slow also.

I've been deleting like crazy and I'm still over. For now, I'm just going to live without PMs. I'll try again later.

It has to be less than 400 because I'm now under that and I'm still over. I have no idea what the number is, but I'm sick of deleting.

I can see it now -- everyone is going to create shill accounts just to have more PM storage. argh.

-- Joanna

At this point the limit is still unknown I think. Some say 400.

Also - is it just me or is the MY HOME where the MAIN INDEX used to be, because I keep clicking on MY HOME now. Why would they move it?

frustrated.gif I keep clicking that also.

At this point the limit is still unknown I think. Some say 400.

Also - is it just me or is the MY HOME where the MAIN INDEX used to be, because I keep clicking on MY HOME now. Why would they move it?

frustrated.gif I keep clicking that also.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

It is frustrating all right. Tried to PM you for mailing info cause your mailing address was in my PMs and it said you could not receive any. Still owe you a book! So if you can shoot me that info to an email address it would be useful!

I just created cgcpmsubstitute@aol.com for any PM correspondence with folks still over their PM limit.

grin.gif

It is frustrating all right. Tried to PM you for mailing info cause your mailing address was in my PMs and it said you could not receive any. Still owe you a book! So if you can shoot me that info to an email address it would be useful!

I just created cgcpmsubstitute@aol.com for any PM correspondence with folks still over their PM limit.

grin.gif

crazy.gif You trust aol?

grin.gif

crazy.gif You trust aol?
Why use AOL? insane.gif

grin.gif

crazy.gif You trust aol?

Sure, but mainly because I know what I'm doing! Admittedly they are an umbrella concept but I do have a lot of movie and poster contacts on AOL. I was a Beta Tester for AOL in the 80's when it ran under GEOS, and was the PC Applications Forum Leader for a long time. Really have no problem with them. Actually, for the non-tech general consumer type user they really are quite good. And I say this as a computer geek who built his first computer in 1979. But am not a snob-geek, so I can say that!

grin.gif

crazy.gif You trust aol?

Sure, but mainly because I know what I'm doing! Admittedly they are an umbrella concept but I do have a lot of movie and poster contacts on AOL. I was a Beta Tester for AOL in the 80's when it ran under GEOS, and was the PC Applications Forum Leader for a long time. Really have no problem with them. Actually, for the non-tech general consumer type user they really are quite good. And I say this as a computer geek who built his first computer in 1979. But am not a snob-geek, so I can say that!

....so you're an uber-geek? confused-smiley-013.gif

....so you're an uber-geek?

I USED to be an uber-geek. Then I graduated to Ultra-Geek. At one time I had at my place an Apple II, a Mac Plus I converted from a 512K, two PC Clones, an IBM PC, three CP/M systems, an Amiga 500, a VIC 20 and a Varian Data Systems mini I never COULD get to do much but was fun trying.

Now I have two Athlon 1800+ systems and a laptop I use to work from home when required. And I use the Athlons for the following:

Internet

Games

Scanning Comics

Excel for Comics

Word for the ocassional letter or for saving an interesting cvomic article to

FTP to host some of my images

Having spent over 20 years professionally in IT, computers have lost their "gleam". Now I'd rather watch a movie or read a good comic or have a good meal than with a computer. And it is nearing time for me to find yet another occupation! Computers just ain't doing it anymore.

I USED to be an uber-geek. Then I graduated to Ultra-Geek. At one time I had at my place an Apple II, a Mac Plus I converted from a 512K, two PC Clones, an IBM PC, three CP/M systems, an Amiga 500, a VIC 20 and a Varian Data Systems mini I never COULD get to do much but was fun trying.

Now I have two Athlon 1800+ systems and a laptop I use to work from home when required. And I use the Athlons for the following:

Internet

Games

Scanning Comics

Excel for Comics

Having spent over 20 years professionally in IT, computers have lost their "gleam". Now I'd rather watch a movie or read a good comic or have a good meal than with a computer. And it is nearing time for me to find yet another occupation! Computers just ain't doing it anymore.

gossip.gif "...nano-technology........the next BIG thing....." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Internet

Games

Scanning Comics

Excel for Comics

gossip.gif "...nano-technology........the next BIG thing....." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

settle down there Tony Stark, don't get all worked up. That's still a ways away. screwy.gif