• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changing the Rules after the Buyer Wins a Book

213 posts in this topic

Hello my fellow boardies, I try not to get into heated conversations with others, but I recently posted an :takeit: in Solarcadet thread for an X-Men 1 CGC 3.5 Mexican Edition for $750 shipped.

I'm writing this to protect my name and to warn fellow boardies.

Afterwards I was asked to wait to wait because other people wanted to buy his "set" of other foreign X-men's, told that he wouldn't sell it to me till tonight because he didn't want to blow anybody off, and then after telling him twice the book should be mine, he said he'd honor the :takeit:

I said ok. He then told me to pay through paypal personal, and that it would be $765 shipped. I said I couldn't pay through personal, and that he specified that on the first page shipping was included.

So guys, again, I'm not one to post this stuff, until this garb-

HIM:

no problem. i dont want to sell to you \(thumbs u

you split too many hairs and your out a cool book

Me:

For future reference, you should follow the rules you put in the your posts. If you say shipping is included, then it's included in the price. If you say paypal, the buyer is not forced to pay personal paypal unless they want to. If you say first I'll take it wins, either through pm or in the thread, and are going back and forth with someone via pm, but somebody posts the I'll take it, the person that posted the I'll take wins the book.

If you want other rules, I would specify in the post beforehand.

-Dan

Me:

Split too many hairs. I am a gentleman, so I won't retaliate.

Follow through on the rules you post man!

HIM:

i am not a gentleman.

spread the word

Not another seller/buyer problem. :ohnoez:

Shouldn't this be a Probation List Discussion... (shrug)

I suppose so, I wasn't sure where to write it. Again, I didn't want to write anything, but c'mon man, quit while you're ahead.

I suppose so, I wasn't sure where to write it. Again, I didn't want to write anything, but c'mon man, quit while you're ahead.

I am referring of course to Solarcadet

I dunno, sounds like he doesn't care too much about his rules or the sales forum rules or who knows about his policies, so just nominate him for HOS immediately and be done with it.

I thought requiring personal was prohibited on the for sale forum? Didn't I read that somewhere....

the rule says you cant list it as the payment method (since CGC would get in trouble for hosting a site that is encouraging the circumventing of paypal getting their $$$$)

general behavior by sellers is not to ask for it, sometimes a buyer may offer to pay via personal if its to a trusted seller who is willing/able to receive personal gifts of $$. Some sellers dont want personal because to many personal giftings and paypal starts to eyeball you, and also personal gifts might muck up their process of invoicing, shipping, tracking, record keeping...

I thought requiring personal was prohibited on the for sale forum? Didn't I read that somewhere....

I am going to continue this in the probation discussion thread. I am not nominating him, but Again, I did want to let others know what went on.

That's correct.

LINK

List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

It's also against PayPal rules, and common sense.

Spidey if you want to push for the transaction to occur I'd nominate him for Probation List.

But that's only if you want to still go thru with the transaction and use the Probation List as a way to incent him to complete the deal as he should.

I am going to continue this in the probation discussion thread. I am not nominating him, but Again, I did want to let others know what went on.

It's good to get all the facts down in the Probation List thread, that way if there is a pattern of this kind of stuff happening he can get a HOS nomination.

Spidey if you want to push for the transaction to occur I'd nominate him for Probation List.

But that's only if you want to still go thru with the transaction and use the Probation List as a way to incent him to complete the deal as he should.

I wouldn't go through with the purchase at this time. I won't push for it. I just wrote in the probation thread, but I guess it doesn't have to go any further.

If he doesn't follow through on the sale, you should - it's definite PL-worthy behaviour :thumbsup:

If he doesn't follow through on the sale, you should - it's definite PL-worthy behaviour :thumbsup:

CGC Board Lexicon Update:

Demanding a seller stick to their written terms of sale = Splitting Hairs.