• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official X-Force movie thread? Appears to be moving forward
1 1

119 posts in this topic

I don't think Reynolds has a contract per se. He's a producer on this, if I'm not mistaken. He's got an active stake in the movie & successive movies. Not only as an actor but as a producer as well.

I don't think Reynolds has a contract per se. He's a producer on this, if I'm not mistaken. He's got an active stake in the movie & successive movies. Not only as an actor but as a producer as well.

Regardless, I'd doubt he's planning on leaving the overall Deadpool project any time soon. I feel like he thinks he's making a real difference in the genre which hopes will inspire some grand shifts in expectations and quality, and for that reason, he'll probably stick around until he feels his role has been played. I'd say we'll see Deadpool in a few more movies.

Actually, on second thought, he may not have a contract with his fellow producers but I can't imagine Fox greenlit the project without thinking through the potential implications of its success. Why wouldn't the studio force him to sign on for something like three movies, and what reason would he have to decline? hm

I'm thinking Deadpool, X-Force, Deadpool 2 (could be Cable and Deadpool), with an appearance in the next big X-Men movie after Apocalypse when that comes out in 2019 or 2020.

“In the future I think, if we’re doing a bunch more Deadpool movies, we’re going to really explore the X-Men a lot, and maybe X-Force,” Reynolds says. “X-Force is really my priority. I really want to get that in.”

deadpool-x-force-168866.jpg

Deadpool Writers Would Love To Do An X-Force Movie

An obvious "next" might be to work on the X-Force movie. Long rumored, the film would bring together a version of the team in whose comic Deadpool made his first appearance.

But are Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick feeling another foray into the X-Men film universe? They say "Absolutely."

"Getting in to more of an ensemble piece is something we would cherish," Wernick explained. "X-Force is beloved and we love it, and Deadpool is centric to that world, and we’d love to bring an X-Force movie into the X Universe."

One was rumored, from Kick- 2 director Jeff Wadlow, some time ago, but it seems as though its spot on the production calendar was taken by Deadpool. It hasn't been clear for a while what the status of the X-Force movie is, but with a Cable-centric Deadpool sequel already in the works, it feels like it can't be too far off.

Actually, on second thought, he may not have a contract with his fellow producers but I can't imagine Fox greenlit the project without thinking through the potential implications of its success. Why wouldn't the studio force him to sign on for something like three movies, and what reason would he have to decline? hm

I'm thinking Deadpool, X-Force, Deadpool 2 (could be Cable and Deadpool), with an appearance in the next big X-Men movie after Apocalypse when that comes out in 2019 or 2020.

I don't know the answers to the question but I can see them not forcing Reynolds into this because it's largely a project Reynolds fought to make happen, and they didn't exactly give it a big budget, compare it to the one Gambit reportedly has (more than double by reports).

I think it's been a pleasant surprise for them and I think Reynolds really dove into brainstorming and participation when it comes to marketing on this. I'd suspect, only a guess, Reynolds was not locked in, perhaps an option, but does have points on this film, which means, by the look of it, he's gonna make some good backend money. The backend will be too lucrative for him not to opt back in.

Here we go.

lol

Simon Kinberg Says He "Could See" An R-Rated X-FORCE MOVIE Following DEADPOOL's Success

After their IMAX screening of Deadpool, Collider asked producer Simon Kinberg if he envisioned any other "specific properties" being rated R down the line. "I think there are some stories that could be R-rated," he responded. "I don’t know what they are, I mean I think the mainline X-Men movies have their own tone, which is a more operatic tone. It’s more dramatic, it is more PG-13 in a way. X-Force I could see being R-rated, and who knows?" Kinberg is quick to clarify that this doesn't mean the film will be Rated R, just that he could see it working. It makes sense of course, as Wade Wilson would likely be on the team, possibly along with the likes of Colossus, Archangel, Psylocke, and Cable who we now know will be introduced in the Deadpool sequel.

A good option for an actor to portray Cable could be Sullivan Stapleton. The following was copied and pasted from IMDB website - Sullivan Stapleton was born on June 14, 1977 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He is an actor, known for 300: Rise of an Empire (2014), Animal Kingdom (2010) and Strike Back (2010).

In 300 Rise of an empire his acting chops took command as the camera followed his onscreen heroics, in short he has the looks, and big screen presence.

300-rise-of-an-empire-sullivan-stapleton_zpsq2ttbo3q.jpg300-Rise-of-an-Empire-Review_zpspyvp8shm.jpg

002_zpsbxusleyz.jpg

005_zpshgjhmaex.jpg

Edited by Dimebag_D

How Deapool Writers Will Be Involved In X-Force

The two scribes have been all over the place lately, and when they stopped by The Playlist for a friendly chat, the subject of their involvement in X-Force came up. While it doesn’t sound like Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick will be hugely involved—it sounds like they’re too busy to write the -script—they’ll still have a hand shaping the picture. Wernick said:

"We will have a hand in it. I think everything that ‘Deadpool’ is involved in we will have a hand in and it’s a universe that Ryan [Reynolds] and us are very close to and very protective of, so I do think we would absolutely involved in that franchise as well. If it’s Deadpool related, I think you’ll see some of our fingerprints on that."

Deadpool Director Wants X-Force To Be R-Rated

Miller had some thoughts on what an X-Force movie should be, and he shared them with Collider:

“I’ll just say I’d like it to be an R-rated movie, but I’ve always been very realistic. We’re not making fine art here. This is commerce. So if for some reason there was a story that needed to be bigger and needed to be at a certain budget, and it didn’t warrant an R-rated budget, although it’s harder to make that argument now after Deadpool, but let’s say we were saying it before Deadpool came out; I understand that. I’m not one of those directors who goes ‘I want it because I want it!’ and ‘It should be because I think it should be!’ There’s economics at work here, and I would like it to be R-rated."

"And I know there was some talk around Hollywood, and James Gunn talked about it, and I agree very much with what he said. I think Deadpool worked because of what it was. I think Deadpool worked because it was funny. I think Deadpool worked because it didn’t take itself seriously. That’s why it worked as an R-rated film. I’m not sure any superhero movie will work as an R-rated film. I’m not sure some members of the public are going to be happy with the blood and gore if it’s not balanced with humor and the other stuff.”

Just give us a solid movie.

:wishluck:

Deadpool Director Wants X-Force To Be R-Rated

Miller had some thoughts on what an X-Force movie should be, and he shared them with Collider:

“I’ll just say I’d like it to be an R-rated movie, but I’ve always been very realistic. We’re not making fine art here. This is commerce. So if for some reason there was a story that needed to be bigger and needed to be at a certain budget, and it didn’t warrant an R-rated budget, although it’s harder to make that argument now after Deadpool, but let’s say we were saying it before Deadpool came out; I understand that. I’m not one of those directors who goes ‘I want it because I want it!’ and ‘It should be because I think it should be!’ There’s economics at work here, and I would like it to be R-rated."

"And I know there was some talk around Hollywood, and James Gunn talked about it, and I agree very much with what he said. I think Deadpool worked because of what it was. I think Deadpool worked because it was funny. I think Deadpool worked because it didn’t take itself seriously. That’s why it worked as an R-rated film. I’m not sure any superhero movie will work as an R-rated film. I’m not sure some members of the public are going to be happy with the blood and gore if it’s not balanced with humor and the other stuff.”

Just give us a solid movie.

:wishluck:

This is the best advice anyone thinking of tackling any X movie from now on should pay attention to.

X-Men Producer Says X-Force Movie Should Be R-Rated

X-Men franchise writer and producer Simons Kinberg believes that R-rated is the way to go for the grim and gritty mutant paramilitary squad, and Deadpool’s success has afforded the studio that luxury.

“When there are films that want to be raunchier, want to be darker, want to be violent or R-rated, [Fox will] be open to it,” Kinberg tells Den of Geek. "And not every movie should be. I don't think that the main X-Men movies should be R-rated; I don't think they're R-rated stories. But if we were to make an X-Force movie, that probably should be R-rated.”

I think Fox is taking note how the R-Rating gave the Deadpool creative team more freedom on what it included in the -script, without worrying about skirting the PG-13 boundaries.

Kinberg then goes on to deny the popular fan assumption that Wolverine 3’s R-rating was an attempt to ride Deadpool’s R-rated coattails.

“And what we're doing with the Wolverine movie... that wasn't impacted by Deadpool. We'd made the decision for Wolverine to be R-rated before Deadpool came out. But I think there's even more confidence about having made that decision now that you see that an R-rated Deadpool movie can do better than any X-Men movie's ever done.”

X-FORCE Already In The Works; Will Likely Feature 'X-23' As The New WOLVERINE

A few weeks back, we caught word that James Mangold's Wolverine 3, which will (presumably) be Hugh Jackman's final adventure as the fan-favorite hero, might be looking to introduce his clone, X-23, to the X-Men films universe as a potential replacement to take on the mantle of Wolverine in future X-Men films. 20th Century Fox neither confirmed or denied the report, so Fandango decided to take it upon themselves to clear up the matter with X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer.

While speaking with him at the X-Men: Apocalypse press junket in London, they learned that not only had Singer pitched an X-Force movie to the studio, he had already pitched the idea of a female Wolverine as well: "I have discussed that with the studio, I actually initially pitched the X-Force and the female." Singer didn't reveal much more about the new Wolverine, not even whether we would first see her in the Wolverine 3 or in the X-Force, but he did confirm that work on an X-Force -script is currently underway: "Simon [Kinberg] is in the earliest -script stage, so that’s kind of where that stands, and we’ll see how it evolves." Singer added that his involvement at this time is strictly on the idea level.

On another positively exciting note, with the burgeoning success of Deadpool and the development of more unique X-Men spin-offs like Josh Boone's New Mutants and the X-Force, Singer teased that he absolutely envisions a scenario in the relatively distant future where we could see all of these properties unite with the X-Men on the big screen for a massive event picture. However, before everyone gets ahead of themselves, he assures fans, he has no plans on rushing it: "It has to be done right, Anytime you throw all these characters together to hit a start date, it can make a lot of money, but it can also be a clusterf**k. To me, it has to be done with a lot of care. These things can get overwhelming, and if a character doesn’t belong in a movie, don’t use him. If the tone can still maintain itself, I’m all for it. What I’m not for is throwing a bunch of characters together and hoping it works.”

X-Force: Olivia Munn Wants Psylocke & Deadpool to Team Up

Apocalypse doesn’t explicitly spell out what the future holds for Munn as Psylocke, but the film does suggest this won’t be the last time we see her in the X-Men films either. The X-Force movie that’s currently in (early) development is one obvious place for Psylocke to show up in the future, seeing as the character became a member of that mutant team in Marvel Comics’ Uncanny X-Force comic book run (which debuted in 2010). So did Wade Wilson/Deadpool, at that.

No surprise, Munn has made it clear that she hopes to see Psylocke alongside Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool in X-Force down the line. When asked about the possibility during an interview with USA Today, she responded:

“That would be a really cool thing to do. What [Ryan Reynolds] did with Deadpool was genius and I’m so excited for him. It would definitely be cool to see Deadpool and some of the other X-Men characters gather for an X-Force movie. I think that’s what the whole world is coming to — everybody unites together, right? It’s never just one character anymore. We all just become one movie.”

DEADPOOL 2 Writers Shed Some Light On How The Sequel Will Set Up Fox's X-FORCE Movie

Collider recently had the chance to catch up with Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, and they were quick to ask them about how the highly anticipated sequel will go about setting up X-Force.

RHETT REESE: There is a responsibility we have to the X-Force universe, and I do think we will not disappoint the fans going into Deadpool 2 and then setting up X-Force and beyond.

PAUL WERNICK: We never want to let the tail wag the dog. We want to tell the best Deadpool story we can. But I do think we have a responsibility to think about a larger universe in the way that Marvel does and start to put pieces in place. Some of these movies feel overstuffed and almost choking with the need to set up eighteen different things that pay off down the road, and we want to avoid that responsibility to the extent that it hurts us. We want to hint at things, we want to plan some characters, and we want to make some nods, but we’re very, very cognizant about making sure that Deadpool is above all a Deadpool movie.

REESE: Its purpose is not to set up X-Force. It will likely set up X-Force, but the drive of the movie won’t be our eyes on Movie 3.

Exclusive: Joe Carnahan Is Writing the ‘X-Force’ Screenplay

x-force-comic-slice-600x200.jpg

I think Joe Carnahan may be cloning himself. The Smokin’ Aces and The Grey writer/director is hard at work on a whole lot of high-profile projects right now. He’s readying Bad Boys 3 to direct, he’s working on his recently announced The Raid remake with Frank Grillo, and he’s scripting Shawn Levy‘s Uncharted movie. Now, we can add another big one to the pile. We’ve learned that Carnahan is currently writing the -script for 20th Century Fox’s X-Force movie which is based on the comic by Rob Liefeld.

If you’re unfamiliar with X-Force, the Marvel comic series follows a team of mutants, a bit more militaristic and rougher around the edges than the X-Men, who take on the less savory wet works and black ops jobs. Like the X-Men, X-Force has featured a revolving team of heroes over the decades, but two of the most prominent figures are Cable and Domino, both of whom are set to appear first in Deadpool 2.

:banana:

Not a massive surprise here. But good reassurance.

Cable And Deadpool Will Be The Leads In Fox's Upcoming X-FORCE Movie

giphy.gif

Deadline recently had the chance to sit down with Logan producer Simon Kinberg to discuss what's next in the X-Men Universe, and he dropped some very interesting details about the planned X-Force movie.

"We are working hard on New Mutants, Gambit with Channing Tatum, Deadpool 2 and the new X-Force movie where Deadpool is alongside Cable and other main characters. Deadpool 2 is going into production this year. Then X-Force which is a combination of Deadpool, and Cable –they’re like the Black ops of the X-Men. They’re much darker and have an R-rated decibel. There are other X-Men characters coming into X-Force at different times in the comic, but it’s separate from X-Men. 

There is a larger architecture to tell these stories in. I talk to the studio all the time about this and there is a plan for how these movies can connect and be a part of a larger narrative. It’s something that’s fun, exciting and it will be interesting to see how we marry the different tones that we’ve been generating in these standalone movies of the X-Men universe. But we go into making the best movie we can. It’s not just about a Colossus or Deadpool cameo. Connecting all of these movies will happen when it organically makes sense. These movies aren’t simply being built as stepping stones to a larger story. Each one is wholly enclosed and a movie worth seeing."