• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

I'm sorry but Olivia Munn does strike me as Asian enough for this. I know she is of Asian decent but she is not the type of "Asian" I think of when I see Psylocke.

She strikes me as the type of Asian that currently sells better to a widespread audience. It'd be tough to find another Asian actress with her notoriety that likes comics as much and is as physical as her, and speaks English, whom a mainstream audience find as attractive. Fanboys love her and have loved her for a while.

The type of 'more Asian' actress you're talking about doesn't exist at Olivia Munn's level yet, outside of maybe Lucy Liu, who is probably two old for this sort of thing now, as well as being too diminutive. Although I think Maggie Q would have been fine, though her age might be an issue for sequels (note that neither Munn nor Q are japanese, although Munn grew up there and speaks Japanese). I have more questions about what should be a British accent.

I'm sorry but Olivia Munn does strike me as Asian enough for this. I know she is of Asian decent but she is not the type of "Asian" I think of when I see Psylocke.

She strikes me as the type of Asian that currently sells better to a widespread audience. It'd be tough to find another Asian actress with her notoriety that likes comics as much and is as physical as her, and speaks English, whom a mainstream audience find as attractive. Fanboys love her and have loved her for a while.

The type of 'more Asian' actress you're talking about doesn't exist at Olivia Munn's level yet, outside of maybe Lucy Liu, who is probably two old for this sort of thing now, as well as being too diminutive. Although I think Maggie Q would have been fine, though her age might be an issue for sequels (note that neither Munn nor Q are japanese, although Munn grew up there and speaks Japanese). I have more questions about what should be a British accent.

She strikes me as a more accurate portrayal of what would happen when you send a conservative British telepath through a magic mirror and have her come out the other side a few issues later as a new Asian telepathic/telekinetic ninja warrior. lol

She strikes me as a more accurate portrayal of what would happen when you send a conservative British telepath through a magic mirror and have her come out the other side a few issues later as a new Asian telepathic/telekinetic ninja warrior. lol

That would explain a six plus foot Australian playing a short Canadian ?

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’: Evan Peters on Topping the Quicksilver Sequence, Magneto, and More

What can you tell us about Quicksilver’s relationship to Magneto considering that he becomes a Horseman?

PETERS: Yeah, that does confuse things. I have learned that he’s my father at this point and I am trying to … I don’t know what I can say. I’m trying to …

Bryan was telling us that this movie is, among other things, about the formation of the X-Men. Is Quicksilver a significant part of that?

PETERS: Yeah. I would say that whatever happens down the line, that Quicksilver vanishes from the movies, I don’t know. At this point it is the beginning of him coming into the group and being a force that fights evil. It’s pretty sweet.

Very excited for this even though the Apocalypse design was meh - Issac will pull it off though.

Kind of meh on the Four Horseman choices too but I get that studios love to have heroes fighting heroes, as they grade out well.

That would explain a six plus foot Australian playing a short Canadian ?

He looks the part as far as I am concerned. That being said, the Wolverine I grew up reading as a kid in the late 80s through early 90s seemed taller in the comics than he was supposed to be. (thumbs u