• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

This must be a deliberate reference... When we hear apocalypse talking early in the trailer, his voice reminded me of something, and I eventually realized what - Marlon Brando, from Apocalypse Now. (Specifically his "errand boy" speech.) Coincidence? I doubt it.

Looks pretty good.

Surprised to see that retconning of the world's religions angle. Was the Age of Apocalypse story line like that? (shrug) (mainly DC so I don't know Apocalypse)

Pretty risky, potentially alienating large swaths of audience even before the curtain goes up. Probably not the smartest move and one of Hollywood's blind spots imho.

Neat. Not Earth-shattering, but I did like Apocalypse growing in the one shot and the bald Prof at the end. Who's the blonde guy with Moira and Xavier in the office? Warren?

So Psylocke, Storm, Archangel and Magneto are the horsemen?

Still think Apocalypse himself looks goofy and not menacing. I also agree with the previous poster in that he doesn't SOUND menacing, either.

Neat. Not Earth-shattering, but I did like Apocalypse growing in the one shot and the bald Prof at the end. Who's the blonde guy with Moira and Xavier in the office? Warren?

Still think Apocalypse himself looks goofy and not menacing. I also agree with the previous poster in that he doesn't SOUND menacing, either.

This in bold has me annoyed.

Magneto would never bow down to Apocalypse.

Such a cheesy way to introduce 2 other main characters into the X-men franchise.

Uhhhhh I was so excited for 2016.....now IMO BvS and X-men look like aboslute DREK.

I can't believe Suicide Squad is going to steal the show.

My only complaint is his voice. He sounds to soft and almost caring. I always image his voice is like the 90s cartoon without the cheesy lines being said.

lol lol lol my thoughts exactly. That 90s cartoon Apocalypse voice made up for the horrible Australian Wolverine voice.

***Trailer looks great. Archangel looks better than the comic book version (thumbs u

My only complaint is his voice. He sounds to soft and almost caring. I always image his voice is like the 90s cartoon without the cheesy lines being said.

lol lol lol my thoughts exactly. That 90s cartoon Apocalypse voice made up for the horrible Australian Wolverine voice.

***Trailer looks great. Archangel looks better than the comic book version (thumbs u

I thought the Archangel was the best part of the trailer.

Isn't the blonde guy Havok?

That 90s cartoon Apocalypse voice made up for the horrible Australian Wolverine voice.

Actually Wolvie had the Aussie accent in the animated series that pre-dated the Fox Kids X Men animated series where Apocalypse had the big booming astute historian voice.