• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay question

11 posts in this topic

Seller claims he would lose money on my counter offer but would be willing to accept the offer by sending a direct invoice from PayPal. The amount he claims to lose would be the 3% but yet even if he sends an invoice wouldn't he stilll be paying 3%?

Offered to send PayPal invoice for $5,000 or pay $5,150 through Ebay.

ebay takes 9 or 10%

PLUS the paypal 3%

if its JSUT paypal, they just take the 3%

ebay takes 9 or 10%

PLUS the paypal 3%

Thanks for the reply, seems if I submit payment through Ebay he would

still be out the 10%.

Yes, he'll have to pay 10% to Ebay, then another 3% or so to Paypal. You will be protected under Paypal even if you buy outside of Ebay. It'd be like making a purchase here - just don't do Paypal Personal.

ebay takes 9 or 10%

PLUS the paypal 3%

still be out the 10%.

Yes, he'll have to pay 10% to Ebay, then another 3% or so to Paypal. You will be protected under Paypal even if you buy outside of Ebay. It'd be like making a purchase here - just don't do Paypal Personal.

Use a CC through Paypal and get extra protection

ebay takes 9 or 10%

PLUS the paypal 3%

still be out the 10%.

Use a CC through Paypal and get extra protection

What would you need extra protection for?

Seller claims he would lose money on my counter offer but would be willing to accept the offer by sending a direct invoice from PayPal. The amount he claims to lose would be the 3% but yet even if he sends an invoice wouldn't he stilll be paying 3%?

Offered to send PayPal invoice for $5,000 or pay $5,150 through Ebay.

If he's willing to go $5,150 through eBay, then he should be willing to go $4,635 with a direct invoice through PayPal. He'll be paying the 3% to PayPal either way, so it doesn't factor in.

Ebay doesn't get the whole 10% for amounts over $3,000 I believe. Still a good chunk, but less than 10%. And I'd try to do paypal and circumvent ebay as well if you feel comfortable enough.

They changed their rate schedule, so now everything is a straight 10% for final value fees. But I forgot about the cap of $250.

So it should be $4900 (5150-250).

And as Junkdrawer pointed out, if he's a Power Seller, he'd get a 20% kickback, which would mean:

$4950 (5150-250+50)