• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super cool BatFan art...

8 posts in this topic

First link - artwork sucks.

Second link - great!

Peace,

Chip

The first link is horrendous garbage. :sick: Good grief.

Let's see, Joker convinces Batman a dismembered Alfred is an expression of their ongoing love for each other. Love acknowledged, they kill themselves. :eyeroll::screwy:

The 2nd link, the Noir re-imaginings, are excellent. :cloud9:

Glad I looked at 'em before rushing off to wash my eyeballs off with bleach after viewing the first link. :facepalm: Saved my eyesight and restored my faith in fanart. :)

First link - artwork sucks.

Second link - great!

Peace,

Chip

The first link is horrendous garbage. :sick: Good grief.

Let's see, Joker convinces Batman a dismembered Alfred is an expression of their ongoing love for each other. Love acknowledged, they kill themselves. :eyeroll::screwy:

Wouldn't be the first time this notion was ran with. Miller has commented on it in the past and most recently, Scott Snyder took it to another level in his "Death of the Family" story arc. My take on this fan story is that this is just an escalation on that. Say, 6-7 years after Snyder's main story.

As far as the artwork is concerned, I don't think it sucked since it was intentionally drawn this way and flowed really well. In a weird way, it sort of fit the story it was trying to tell. I definitely hate this style of drawing though, and similar styles by artists in other stories that are actually published.

Hmm. Just noticed on page 2 with the "fly" on Alfred's eye. Definitely shout out to Snyder.
The character of Batman is supposed be one of peak mental discipline, a focused tactician, a hunter. So I'm sorry, but Batman would NEVER fall for some 'Jim Jones'-style verbal coercion. Especially coming from the Joker, and embrace suicide. If anyone understands the depth of degree Joker is devoid of empathy and detached from reality, it's Batman.

To have Batman so quickly abandon his entire personal belief system, his life's mission, and 'dink the kool-aid' of a Joker rant, joining him in suicide, is waaaay beyond bad writing. It's obviously an author's forced agenda, and that quoted gobbledygook essay for the climax pretty much trumpets that conclusion.

Writers should push the envelope, put established characters through the psychological paces, explore the strained limits of their resolve. But don't suddenly shift their motivation-gears so radically, just to force an outcome.

end of rantrant