• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing X-Men

11 posts in this topic

This is the best current ongoing X-Men comic out right now, in my opinion. It actually feels and reads like an older X-Men comic. No teammates fighting each other, no Avengers in it; they're just working together toward a goal and getting along like a family. A good goal to, though they don't know it yet, of bringing Nightcrawler back.

This is the best current ongoing X-Men comic out right now, in my opinion. It actually feels and reads like an older X-Men comic. No teammates fighting each other, no Avengers in it; they're just working together toward a goal and getting along like a family. A good goal to, though they don't know it yet, of bringing Nightcrawler back.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

You said it better than I could. I'm really enjoying this book.

To expand just a bit more...

I know it's only 2 issues in, I know. But I like the team, the premise, and the writing thus far so much, I've got very high hopes for this series. It's possible, and I'm optimistic, that this could be the beginning of one of those runs that we will look back on in the future the way we do today with Morrison's or Whedon's runs. I know not everyone likes these runs, but they're the big two that are often still discussed or referred to past the legendary Claremont run.

I know it's only 2 issues in, I know. But I like the team, the premise, and the writing thus far so much, I've got very high hopes for this series. It's possible, and I'm optimistic, that this could be the beginning of one of those runs that we will look back on in the future the way we do today with Morrison's or Whedon's runs. I know not everyone likes these runs, but they're the big two that are often still discussed or referred to past the legendary Claremont run.

Man, if it is anywhere near those I will be thrilled :ohnoez:

Man, if it is anywhere near those I will be thrilled :ohnoez:

I definitely will be, too. Like I said though, I know I'm being very optimistic. The beginning has been great, but modern comics have a way of disappointing me with crossovers, events, lack of progression, etc. If this first arc finishes as strong as it's begun, it'll be a great five issues. If Aaron has a bigger goal for where this is going to go 24+ issues out and the quality stays the same, I'll be very happy. Time will tell, of course, what runs rival or become the greats. :)