• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ask Mitch

127 posts in this topic

Mitch, what prompted you to sell off your A1 ?

after the sale, did you regret or rejoice ?

After the sale of action comics #1, the book that was put in the newspapers, I acquired additional copies in better condition, and get this, at a cheaper price. Here is how.....

People all over the country were trying to sell this dumb kid there comics.....I told them I ALREADY had a copy, but would by a dupe copy at a lower price.

In one of my early post, on JOACBC I pictured on the fourm a contract for the sale of Acton 1 ( another copy). Do I regret selling, not at all, that copy.

I'll ask a harmless question (....)

How do you feel about MLJ books, and with the recent sale of the Archie #1 6.5, do you ever see Archie 1 (or Pep 22) breaking 1 million dollars.

In order for that book to break a million dollars, there is gonna have to be some very great TV or Movie media which will propel it up.....I don't think that is gonna happen, nor do I think the book is EVER hit a million.

I do think short term, it is gonna crack the 250K level in very high grade unrestored.

Mitch - what would you say is the minimum time for a seller to ship out an order?

I am glad you brought that up.

I can remember buying ultra high grade copies of Dr. Death pulps #1-3 in the late late 70's. I waited and waited for them go get there. After a month, I called the guy and he claimed they were retuned to him. yea..right. I finally got them 60 months.

Well that is why I got involved, I had the same thing happen to me and after I made SURE what actually happened, I got pro active to try to help

Mitch - what would you say is the minimum time for a seller to ship out an order?

I can remember buying ultra high grade copies of Dr. Death pulps #1-3 in the late late 70's. I waited and waited for them go get there. After a month, I called the guy and he claimed they were retuned to him. yea..right. I finally got them 60 months.

Well that is why I got involved, I had the same thing happen to me and after I made SURE what actually happened, I got pro active to try to help

So the minimum amount of time is...?

...60 months.

I gotta admit to being a 'Mitch fan' and not in any kind of ironic sense. I just dig the guys posts. Saying that-- My question is this...

When are we going to get a chance to see some of your books? I suspect you have a helluva collection.

it depends on what you are buying and how big the order is. In BLB case, he had to gather 314 separate items.

it depends on what you are buying and how big the order is. In BLB case, he had to gather 314 separate items.

In that case I would suspect that the seller would keep the buyer updated at all times, yes?

In that case I would suspect that the seller would keep the buyer updated at all times, yes?

Yes, and it is on BLB now to come thru..

Yes, and it is on BLB now to come thru..

As it was prior to your ever so fruitful "intervention".

Mitch, when you operated your comic shop in Stockton in 1979 or 1980, what was the best book that came in that you purchased or traded for?

Great question, had a 9.2-9.8 marvel run collection that was just amazing, orig owner and bought it at 40% guide. Newstand fresh, prob 1963-1972....better than off the newsstand, at least 300, maybe more.

It was an amazing time back then, the hot book at 50 bucks was X men 94...

I'l start:

Mitch how do I come up with an overall plan so that I can purchase an Action 1 before I become old'n grey ?

You can by it today…right away…on Ebay….

Yes but the "Moolah" - how do we fix that ... can ya lend me :gossip:

Sell our house, sell your wife, SELLOUT……

Most of the comic book dealers today….built their empire by TRADING UP

You can get Action #1 but is gonna require selling most of your collection and other collectables. It is the ULTIMATE trade up…that you can do, even better than "If I had a million dollars, I would have two women at the same time"….please see or rent the movie "Office Space"….to understand…unless….you already know..

The ultimate trade up

mona-lisa_zps373df64a.jpg

wow, she's hot !

So let's see..over 60 months that would be "gathering" one a week?