• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics 252 question

7 posts in this topic

All depends on the condition. It's certainly a key issue, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a hot book. A lower grade copy would probably net you a couple nice steak dinners.

Also, this should be posted in the Silver Age forum.

I'd call it a hot book. Much more so than a year or two ago.

As for prices, a 2.0 sold this year for $270, a 3.0 for $425, a 4.0 for $580, and a 5.0 for $889. If you need prices realized for higher grades, let me know.

Thanks a lot guys! I don't have a scanner but I could take pictures, is that allowed here? Or scans only? Sorry, haven't sold anything on this site, but I have purchased before.

Mines a raw copy, don't know if it'll increase or decrease the value/demand.

This really is a Silver Age book, so you will likely get more responses on the Silver Age forum.

You can take photos and post them, sure. If you want grading advice, you can post them to the Spare A grade forum, but usually people there will want scans to have a better guess.

As someone who was in the market for this book for the last two years or so, I can tell you it has been very hot this year. Not quite Strange Tales #110 hot, but still quite hot.

CGC eBay sales from the last two months:

CGC 3.5 - $898 (CRAZY :screwy:)

CGC 3.5 - $585

CGC 4.0 - $580 - ended just a day before the 3.5 above, think that affected price - people bidding on the lower grade one expecting to get it cheaper

CGC 5.5 - $1636 (!)

CGC 7.0 - $2676

non-CGC sales on eBay over the past two months:

"strict 4.5" - $585

"fine" - $775

PGX 4.5 - $800 - [edit: forget what i said earlier about this sale, it was purchased by a boardie]

and my personal favorite:

Incomplete, missing wraps affect Metallo story - $293 with 20 bids!

So, yeah, quite hot. I bought mine last month, is a raw 2.5 with one amateur tear seal I am hoping to get removed. I paid $400 and don't regret it.

I'll also add just as a frame of reference for the hotness of this book that a CGC 6.0 was sold here on the boards earlier this year (maybe in March?) for $1100. I came very close to buying it myself but sadly passed. Nine months later, I think the same book might clear $1800.