• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold and closed.

21 posts in this topic

Usual rules apply

No probation or HOS listed

Price includes shipping within US.

:takeit: in thread trumps any on going PM

*********************************************************************************

Paypal preferred.

**********************************************************************************

**INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - I'LL SPLIT COST OF SHIPPING**

A restored book gets the designation of 'APPARENT' which means that (in this case) the glue that was applied to hold the cover to the book makes it seem as if book is in the condition of Good to Very Good.

Therefore, that's the APPARENT grade based soley on visual inspection.

You'll quickly notice that any APPARENT grade or RESTORED book will not fetch the same price as a UNIVERSAL or non-restored copy.

Restoration and conservation are tricky subjects and I can't really get into those.

From what I've been told, if the glue was removed from this book (which is holding the cover on) and resubmitted, most likely it would receive a Universal grade of 1.8 or Good -.

I would agree with that opinion but wouldn't make any guarantees.

I hope I was able to help with your question. :)

Please enlighten me- what is an 'apparent' grade?

The "Apparent" grade/ purple label gets applied to a comic book that has evidence of repair. The SA on this one is for Slight Amateur and the notes are on the label.

Well stated and thank you!