• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with this FF #1

8 posts in this topic

Im in negotiations for this Fantastic Four 1. Seller did say he bought it years ago as restored. He doesn't remember all the issues except for it being trimmed. Ill post all the pics I have. With all the knowledge on these Boards, I figure someone can help.

DSC03087 (750x563)

DSC03088 (750x563)

DSC03092 (750x563)

DSC03094 (750x563)

DSC03100 (750x563)

DSC03101 (750x563)

DSC03096 (750x563)

Mod restoration?

presents fairly nice.

probably could have a little better restoration done and a press

either way, it's trimmed, so not a lot of upside even if the grade goes up.

the edges of the cover look like pieces added/leaf casting almost but that is just a guess on my part.

Looks like it to me too. I'd say extensive restoration - and not the best match on color at that, along with obvious trimming. I wouldn't think it is any more valuable/desirable than a decent FR copy, as that was likely the top grade prior to resto, and the quality of the resto, while cleaning up the overall appearance, is too obvious to add much value.

Appears to have extensive restoration. More than likely trimmed on all three sides. Staples appear to have been replaced and a good bit paper replacement. From that photo that shows the staples, I wouldn't be surprised if the cover was completely split and leafcast back together. And more than likely, the FC has been reglossed.

IF you can buy it CHEEEAAAAP, then maybe. Otherwise, I'd probably walk.

It looks to that the cover may have been detached or completely separated at some point. In the 5th picture down it appears that the interior, that is the spine side of the cover has pieces added and/or leafcasted as well - similar to the edges where it appears there was extensive "Marvel Chipping" present. I would say this is moderate to extensive restoration and cleaning.smiley-gen130.gif