• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

Internet Log: CGC Boards: Entry 6974

Took a break while still at work putting a project together at work. I checked to see if the 'apology thread' is still active. While active it expressed a certain degree of butthurt that seems to be simmering down but I am confused as to how this thread has not been "poofed" or "locked" after 58 pages.

Once the Kav guy left people stopped arguing. Why would they lock it now? (shrug)

Stranger things have happened.

You should. Pony up the $7.99 for Netflix for a month and watch it. My wife, who didn't care much for Science Fiction, was addicted. She'd literally wait for me to fall asleep and come back down and watch more. She would act confused when it was clear that she'd watched it on the recently played.

The Final Five also works as a good analogy for the people here. There were more Cylons but five that really ran the show.

Same here. I was surprised how much my wife got into it. Now I'm watching the classic series, and she's right there with me again!

About to start it tonight or sometime soon. It had vanished from Instant Netflix but seems to have reappeared.

Wow I read the whole thing. doh! Guys I don't give a rats azz that he has that in his sig. line, he's just advertising what a doosh he really is.I'm a bigger man than to let someone so insignificant bother me. :cool:

That's a healthy attitude to have.

Aside from defending your honor, the people pointing out that sigline message were making sure the people willing to take the "apology" at face value took everything into account before buying that bill of goods.

Wow I read the whole thing. doh! Guys I don't give a rats azz that he has that in his sig. line, he's just advertising what a doosh he really is.I'm a bigger man than to let someone so insignificant bother me. :cool:

That's a healthy attitude to have.

Aside from defending your honor, the people pointing out that sigline message were making sure the people willing to take the "apology" at face value took everything into account before buying that bill of goods.

Thanks brother for defending me,he obviously is full of sheit with that apology.Ciara your a good dude. (worship)

Andy70/Beige seemed to be a fairly abrasive person with several boardies.

He could have just PM’d the members he offended and worked things out with them but apparently there are too many for PM’s so he was compelled to launch a general “apology” to the entire forum.

Maybe a more logical approach would have been to ditch the FDQ and hang around … just be a better person. Convince people that you are sincere about your remorse by the way you communicate going forward.

I’m not referring to all of the light-hearted joking in CG but more specifically the mean-spirited, internet tough guy nonsense.

60 pages? Are you kidding? Andy has personal problems and he's staying away for a while and he was man enough to apologize. Take it from me - it is a genuine apology... Thumbs up for kicking a man when he's down though (thumbs u

meh

60 pages? Are you kidding? Andy has personal problems and he's staying away for a while and he was man enough to apologize. Take it from me - it is a genuine apology... Thumbs up for kicking a man when he's down though (thumbs u

We should dismiss his behavior since he can't handle life? Personal problems or not, doesn't mean you can't act like a human being and treat others with respect. If there's anything we can control in life, its the choices we make and our actions towards others.

If you know more than we do about him do you know why he kept that insult in his sigline after posting the apology?

I can only guess that the sig was an oversight and mistake. He was gone for a couple (few?) weeks due to a strike. He came on for a day or two, wrote this apology and is gone again. I just think the apology was sincere and he was more concerned about what to say and how to express it and wasn't thinking about his profile/sig line? (shrug)

I know from discussions with others that he had planned to take some time away to deal with issues in his life and was genuinely sorry for his actions prior to starting this thread.