• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracks in CGC Holders

28 posts in this topic

No, I didn't give him a neg, only because he did offer a full refund, but I wanted to keep the book as it went for a very good price, cracked slab or no. But I told him I wouldn't leave positive feedback, either. And I'm wary to buy from him again.

I avoid giving negative feedbacks beacuse of retribution, and neutral comments seem like a waist. Therefore, if I'm dissatisfied I just don't leave a feedback. However, it's a pain to see that item in your feedback list for 90 days.

Why don't you wait for the last possible day (last hour or so) to leave the other party a neg. Chances are they won't be online to see it until it is too late. Kinda sneaky. I have done it to a seller before. Man was he pissed when he found out he couldn't send on back my way because it had been over 90 days.

Sneaky, buy I like it. thumbsup2.gif

My worst experience to date with crack holders was today. Bought a book off ebay. Something told me take the insurance on the item. Don't know why just it jumped out at me. Usually I don't take it. So I take the insurance. The Parcel shows that it was insured. Case is beat it sh*t. Huge chunk taken out of the side of the case which sent plastic shards into the inner well. Back of case has a huge crack in it. You can tell the damage was done in the mail simply because all the chunks where still contained with the book.

So I e-mail the seller and telling him my problem, sent some low res pictures for him to look at and he responses about 2 hours later stating he called the post office and they won't cover damage claims. They only cover lost parcels so I'm SOL as he put it. I call bullsh*t. screwy.gif

Gave him links to CanadaPost website showing that damage claims are paid on parcel as well as everything he would have to do and he still claims that there is nothing that he can do. screwy.gif

Can you say seller pocketing the cash???? Debating on whether or not to do a chargeback with Paypal...

Christo_pull_hair.gifsign-rantpost.gif

My worst experience to date with crack holders was today. Bought a book off ebay. Something told me take the insurance on the item. Don't know why just it jumped out at me. Usually I don't take it. So I take the insurance. The Parcel shows that it was insured. Case is beat it sh*t. Huge chunk taken out of the side of the case which sent plastic shards into the inner well. Back of case has a huge crack in it. You can tell the damage was done in the mail simply because all the chunks where still contained with the book.

So I e-mail the seller and telling him my problem, sent some low res pictures for him to look at and he responses about 2 hours later stating he called the post office and they won't cover damage claims. They only cover lost parcels so I'm SOL as he put it. I call bullsh*t. screwy.gif

Gave him links to CanadaPost website showing that damage claims are paid on parcel as well as everything he would have to do and he still claims that there is nothing that he can do. screwy.gif

Can you say seller pocketing the cash???? Debating on whether or not to do a chargeback with Paypal...

Christo_pull_hair.gifsign-rantpost.gif

It's that International shipping thing. Whenever I receive packages from people here in the U.S., they're usually in good shape. Which tells me the cracks probably ocurred before shipping.

Start a different account for selling confused-smiley-013.gif, tough at the begginning but if you are good, you will get many repeat buyers thumbsup2.gif

If he already has a good account then he should start a second one for buying and use his current one for selling. thumbsup2.gif

Agreed, use the existing account for selling. I don't take a 95% feedback reading as an automatic sign of a bad seller, though it makes sense to be cautious. My feedback is a decimal point or two shy of 98%, thanks to 3 bad feedback out of almost 130, thanks to a few bogus complaints. But when I do sell on ebay, I still do fine, most folks on ebay have come to realize that every seller eventually gets one or two customers who cannot be satisfied or are scammers themselves.

Not to get off the subject, but has anyone filed a fraud complaint with Ebay. I did that for 2 books I didn't receive ($350 each). Supposedly, you're covered up to $160. The seller was removed from Ebay for many fraud complaints. However, I never received any money from Ebay. I clicked on my pending complaints after a month or so, and received a message saying sorry, couldn't help, so try these other options. I contacted the local authorities in his state (New Jersey), and nothing happened. Is Ebay's fraud complaint system, a fraud in itself?!

I had a situation about 5 yrs ago where I got taken by a fraudlent ebay seller. He was one of these guys who builds up a feedback rating selling 2-dollar tchackas, and then closes in for the killer. Anyhow, I had purchased a copy of Silver Surfer #1 for a little over $200 (interestingly enough, my last-ever attempt at purchasing a silver-age, superhero-type book). Book never showed, and within the next few weeks this guy got flooded with negs, apparantly he'd suckered about 30 people. I filed fraud with ebay and they started this little unofficial coalition of suckers; it was like a little listserve where the 30 of us would receive updates on the status of things. Eventually, we all got informed that the guy had been caught and a court case was being built, but I never saw a dime of my dough back.

My guess is that this sort of thing doesn't get as much attention from ebay administrators anymore as it would have 5 yrs ago, when ebay was still kinda new and nowhere near as huge as it is now. Bottom line: I never got my money back then, and I think you're even less likely to get it back now.

The most obvious advice is set up separate ebay accounts for buying and selling. Who cares if you get a neg on your buying account. I agree that the FB system is almost useless because of folks fearing retalitory feedback. I know a bunch of >99% pos power sellers who systematically overgrade or profiteer on shipping or provide poor service in other respects and people keep bidding because the FB system doesn't adequately rat them out.