• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image expo 2014

27 posts in this topic

Bad timing and late announcement. It is likely the same as the last Expo as well which was not very SS friendly. At least not for any amount of volume. I believe there are a couple witnesses attending.

Image is currently deciding how they want their autograph signings to go, so until they decide, we are not sure if any SS will be handled at this show.

That said, if there will be a rep there, the way it will work is the following: you will still need to attend the show, stand in line and get your own books signed. (Typically, the limit is 3-5 items per person) once the books are signed, you would then hand them in at the end of the line to the rep.

As Branget mentioned, this is not a show where books will be mailed in to be handled. My agreement with Image is clear: i promise not to bring in books to clog the lines, in exchange for being able to stand at the end of the line and accept books. It's a one day media event where the attendees, mostly retailers, press, and some fans, can interact with the creators and be first to hear the new projects being announced. Last time there were convention variants and I suspect this year will be the same.

Last year, I accepted SS submissions from anyone in line. This time, I am considering requiring that you "pre-register" with me in advance and all invoices need to be done before the 1st round of signings. Last time, I had to close out the last few invoices outside because the event was over and they cleared the building. I don't want that to happen again, if possible. :)

Stay tuned. When I know more, I'll let y'all know.

I am really, really hoping that Mark Millar will be one of the surprise guests. He recorded a message for the last Expo and said that he would try to be at the next one so fingers crossed! :wishluck:

I've never met him and would love to get a couple of siggy's from my favorite writer. (worship)

It is critical...and I will make sure I say this to Image folks directly...that line limits are STUCK TO BY THEM.

None of this "1 book limit!" and then the first few people in the line HONOR that limit (read: RMA) and then everyone else gets 12 books signed, and when those who honored the "limit" get back in line, they are told to take a hike.

And it was ENTIRELY the Image people's fault. NOT the creators. NOT the people in line. The IMAGE people, who announced book limits, and then UTTERLY FAILED to make sure they actually happened.

Yes, this really happened at Image Expo 2013, and no RMA did not raise a stink about it.

No, it did not please RMA. Not one bit.

- RMA, who seems to have gotten the spirit of CAL...

Last year, anyone could buy any of the variants. Before the keynote address, they limited it to 2 per person, to make sure everyone in the long line had a chance to buy some. During the afternoon sessions, it was a free-for-all, unlimited quantities. (I heard someone bought out the remaining stock of one of the variants at the end of the day)

THAT SAID, reading today's press release, they may decide to limit some of the books to the premium ticket holders, which would be a new procedure.

Hopefully this will be clarified. I would imagine that most of the books would be available throughout the day.

Last year, anyone could buy any of the variants. Before the keynote address, they limited it to 2 per person, to make sure everyone in the long line had a chance to buy some. During the afternoon sessions, it was a free-for-all, unlimited quantities. (I heard someone bought out the remaining stock of one of the variants at the end of the day)

THAT SAID, reading today's press release, they may decide to limit some of the books to the premium ticket holders, which would be a new procedure.

Hopefully this will be clarified. I would imagine that most of the books would be available throughout the day.

It sounds to me like it'll be the same as last time. Premium ticket holders got one of each variant and the t-shirt in a bag included in the price of admission. So, they're guaranteed one of each. All attendees could buy additional copies, up to 2 copies per attendee. Premium and Retail attendees could buy as many copies as they wanted after the keynote address.