• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of Batman Beyond/Terry McGinnis? Could get hot?

46 posts in this topic

He won't be as huge as Harley Quinn because he doesn't have tits.

It would probably be worse for the character of McGuiness if he DID.

capnekkid.jpg

How does Captain America even throw his shield with that anatomy?

capnekkid.jpg

He tucks it between his chin and chest and flexes! :roflmao:

Edited by rjrjr

capnekkid.jpg

He ticks it between his chin and chest and flexes! :roflmao:

So wrong... so wrong.

Not what you said, but that he was drawn like that.

Back on topic ...

My son who is now 15 loved Batman Beyond as a kid (I get the bad father award for letting him watch it at age 2). He got a BB Halloween costume when he was 2 and pretty much wore it almost every day for the next two years, particularly when the show would come on.

He outgrew it eventually, but he still watches certain episodes on DVD every now and then. His first BB DVD was the original two-part pilot. He pretty much knows the dialogue by heart, as do I. "Very well, Mr. McGinnis. Welcome to my world!" And when I finish something unpleasant I hear Bruce Wayne saying while shutting the door and turning out the lights to the batcave, "never again."

My son had three copies of Batman Beyond #1 at one time. I took one copy, bagged and boarded it and put it away for him later. I believe we eventually collected the entire first two series.

I consider the cartoon series the best of the Timm/Dini world. They had to create a whole new universe and succeeded for the most part without using many of the original characters. Still, it was fun to see some of them 40 years later (Bane, Ra's al ghoul, Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake and Harley).

And Return of the Joker is the BEST Batman movie of any format or genre, in my opinion.

Edited by sassemble

I'm pretty sure we determined the first appearance would be Batman Beyond #1, the 1999 series as pictured in my opening post. Pick it up for less than $5.

On ebay there's two copies listed around $20 each, and my guess is that they've been listed at that price for a LONG time.

There are also promo editions without the newsstand that are cheaper, so shoot for a newsstand if you want a copy.

What's up with the 6 flags giveaway copy?

The only thing I can compare it to is probably like the KB Toys variant of Ultimate Spider-Man #1.

It's still the same book released around the same time, but it's too early to determine if the Six Flags copy will have value. Heck, the actual newsstand copy may never get any value.

Terry McGinnis is an awesome character. I loved the TV series "Batman Beyond" in which he sought the help from Bruce Wayne and tried to become like him and his mission was to save the heiress. He wore a black leather jacket which is a cool outfit and is available at Sky-Seller Online shop. For more visit: http://goo.gl/2UjsMf

I'm pretty sure we determined the first appearance would be Batman Beyond #1, the 1999 series as pictured in my opening post. Pick it up for less than $5.

On ebay there's two copies listed around $20 each, and my guess is that they've been listed at that price for a LONG time.

There are also promo editions without the newsstand that are cheaper, so shoot for a newsstand if you want a copy.

I sold two copies of #1 for $25 & $26 last year. It was even hotter about a year and a half ago or so. If you have some NM for $5 I will buy all you have.

What's up with the 6 flags giveaway copy?

The only thing I can compare it to is probably like the KB Toys variant of Ultimate Spider-Man #1.

It's still the same book released around the same time, but it's too early to determine if the Six Flags copy will have value. Heck, the actual newsstand copy may never get any value.

The Six Flags is the hardest to find in high grade. It definitely holds value over the others and is not equivalent to Kay Bee Toys Ultimate SM because people were not walking around an amusement park for hours with that copy.

More recently they did this with the Batman #1 WB Studios tour edition.