• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Brave & Bold #31 (1st Cave Carson Inside Earth)

8 posts in this topic

I can't really tell what is going on in the deep purple of the rocks on the far RHS of the front cover. It almost seems that someone coloured in the purple area? I think the book would grade about 4.5 based on the spine wear and minor tears you describe. I am unsure if there would be any mention of restoration as I am not sure if it even is restoration?electricf.gif

Tim, you're sent from heaven. You see things in photos I can't see in person. I've studied that strangeness in the purple, and it isn't colored in. Best I can tell, it's the way the light fell on a fingerprint smudge. Also there's no restoration (not on any of mine, in fact). I traded for this one when I was a sprout and it's been in storage since the 60s. (Now how would I remember trading for it? I even remember who I traded with. And I can't remember yesterday.) :ohnoez:

Thank you, sir!

Yes, I see a good many Inside Earth on eBay but few are high grade. And DC guy, I don't know about the rest of the board, but I sure did appreciate the DC pre-superhero horror/sci-fi lines (pre-1963-ish)... House of Mystery/Secrets, Tales of the Unexpected... They were fine by me.

Tim, you're sent from heaven. You see things in photos I can't see in person. I've studied that strangeness in the purple, and it isn't colored in. Best I can tell, it's the way the light fell on a fingerprint smudge. Also there's no restoration (not on any of mine, in fact). I traded for this one when I was a sprout and it's been in storage since the 60s. (Now how would I remember trading for it? I even remember who I traded with. And I can't remember yesterday.) :ohnoez:

Thank you, sir!

Thanks BW! I think you'll still get a 4.5 for this book (blue label)smiley-angelic008.gif