• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing Error?"and you will exist in his place"

6 posts in this topic

Any of you Kirby Bronze age experts out there know what the deal is with the word balloon on ol' WitchBoy here.

Obviously something was supposed to be in the upper half of the balloon. I'm thinking that either the letters fell off the artwork during the printing process or maybe something Hellish was used and got edited at the last minute. Anybody know the answer?

1096495786324_demon15a.JPG

and before you ask...I did check another source and the text is missing on the milehigh book also.

1099559625831_demon15.gif

Yep, it's missing on all copies. Lighthouse and I used to go around ending sentences with "... AND YOU WILL EXIST IN HIS PLACE!!" Stupid stuff like, "Hey, I saw Jim today. He's going to town... AND YOU WILL EXIST IN HIS PLACE!!" You just have no idea how many times you can say that and it sounds perfectly insane.

My guess is that the speach bubble was partially pasted on and fell off before going to the printer. It's fun to get original art and see what would have been said had the original text not been pasted over.

Yep, it's missing on all copies. Lighthouse and I used to go around ending sentences with "... AND YOU WILL EXIST IN HIS PLACE!!" Stupid stuff like, "Hey, I saw Jim today. He's going to town... AND YOU WILL EXIST IN HIS PLACE!!" You just have no idea how many times you can say that and it sounds perfectly insane.

My guess is that the speach bubble was partially pasted on and fell off before going to the printer. It's fun to get original art and see what would have been said had the original text not been pasted over.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Sounds like a good phrase to use.

Kinda like a 70s prequel to the Command and Conquer phrase "all your base belong to us".

On this board it could be applied where a shill gets banned and a new one immediately pops "...AND YOU WILL EXIST IN HIS PLACE".

Yeah that does have a nice ring to it.

Nice catch and new phrase thumbsup2.gif - check that dude's 'do! 27_laughing.gif ... and you will exist in his place..

I'm guessing it was something like "Kill Him..." or "strike him down..." - any clues inside where the cover sequence is reprinted in a panel?