• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Archie

6 posts in this topic

I have the original Archie comics #1 (winter 1942). It's been in my family for 40 years now but it's not in the best shape. I was advised to get it graded by cgc so I signed up and was about to send it off. Then after looking at the book closer I noticed some of the middle pages are missing 3 wraps in the middle. My question is.... Should I still try to get it graded or is it not worth it? Also is the book still worth decent amount of money since I believe it is rare? I am interested in selling it and I'm not an expert on the subject so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ArchieCover_zps37e4d037.jpg.html

http://s864.photobucket.com/user/keithanelson/media/Archieback_zps7f1f0aa1.jpg.html

No need to get it graded. It is low grade and incomplete so CGC would give it an "NG".

BUT, it is still a very valuable comic.

Congrats on finding it.

+1 Awesome book to have! You may want to just get it professionally mounted and display it as artwork since the book is incomplete anyway? smiley-greet013.gif

I have the original Archie comics #1 (winter 1942). It's been in my family for 40 years now but it's not in the best shape. I was advised to get it graded by cgc so I signed up and was about to send it off. Then after looking at the book closer I noticed some of the middle pages are missing 3 wraps in the middle. My question is.... Should I still try to get it graded or is it not worth it? Also is the book still worth decent amount of money since I believe it is rare? I am interested in selling it and I'm not an expert on the subject so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The missing wraps are a killer, but it's a tough book to find in any condition. I would list it at the OS Guide for GD 2.0 and accept best offers, noting exactly what you have stated above, and see what kind of interest you get.

Personally, even though it's incomplete, I still wouldn't take anything less that the current 2.0 guide price. It's only going to get tougher to find over the long haul.