• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for gold print of Uncanny X-Men 297

23 posts in this topic

The gold version was part of a promotion by the Pressman Game Company that made X-Men Board games. You had to send away to get it. There is a cover scan at comicspriceguide.com.

The cover is the same as the regular cover except that the X-Men logo is trimmed in gold ink instead of red and gold ink is used in a few other spots on the cover.

The gold version was part of a promotion by the Pressman Game Company that made X-Men Board games. You had to send away to get it. There is a cover scan at comicspriceguide.com.

The cover is the same as the regular cover except that the X-Men logo is trimmed in gold ink instead of red and gold ink is used in a few other spots on the cover.

I looked on cpg.com and it had no listing of said book....coule you send it to me if you have it...I recall sending away for some books around that time, I might have it......somewhere 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've got a 303; I've been looking for a 297 and a 307 in steps toward finishing an Uncanny run. Also, wasn't X-men 11 part of this promotion (with a silver cover)?

Yes. The 303, 307 and silver 11 were all Pressman Game promotional books. I'm not sure about the 297. The 303 and 307 were included in copies of X-Men games. You might find a copy of 307 by looking for a copy of the game on eBay with the comic included. I think that the silver 11 was a send-away but it is easier to turn up than the gold 297 in my experience. Good Luck!

I've got my eye on this book for an Uncanny run also (and those darn 105 and 107 35 cent variants), so I'll PM you if I find one. I did find an extra 303 Gold this weekend while I was traveling though.