• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Mark Jewelers Insert" Does this increase book value?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I just got my Hulk #181 graded, and it says "Mark Jewelers Insert" on the label.

I knew that was in there because I'd read the comic years ago, but does this make the book more valuable or less valuable?

Thanks for any input on this.

I know when I sold mine, I didn't even mention it had the MJ insert and it went for more money than one without (mine did have the star stamp which meant it was sold through an overseas military base)

What grade did yours get and do you have a scan?

Mine graded at 3.0 (not very high at all), and I'll post a picture of it when I get it back in the mail.

That grade would sort of limit the potential to make more than a regular copy. Had it been a high grade example, I think you would be able to see a more noticeable value difference.

Feel free to post a pic when it arrives (thumbs u

Mine graded at 3.0 (not very high at all), and I'll post a picture of it when I get it back in the mail.

That grade would sort of limit the potential to make more than a regular copy. Had it been a high grade example, I think you would be able to see a more noticeable value difference.

Feel free to post a pic when it arrives (thumbs u

+1

More valuable. Some people just love variants.

But yours would just be a slight bump. I agree that it's a bigger jump for high grade books.

See Foolkiller's thread for exhibit A: New Mutants #98 MJ insert sells for $1,000 raw

it gets a bump as the MJ versions are less common than the regular versions

like the direct edition copies of Marvels from 77/78 or so get a nice little bump if they're an issue anyone cares about (as in you have a better shot at getting guide for them)

newstand versions of 90s/2000s books anyone cares about

DC whitmans from the 70s

Thank G-D for completionists!

On 12/12/2013 at 9:22 AM, comicwiz said:

I know when I sold mine, I didn't even mention it had the MJ insert and it went for more money than one without (mine did have the star stamp which meant it was sold through an overseas military base)

What grade did yours get and do you have a scan?

That explains the stamp on moonie’s hood. Thanks.

learn something new everyday

8FBAD287-D1FB-491D-83DF-4D7FB8DEB3A6.jpeg