• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone pick up the new TOD?

9 posts in this topic

I bought this last week, unfortunately. I am a TOD fan and bought this hoping it would focus on Dracula as the main character, but unfortunately its main emphasis is on Blade and his gang of vampire hunters. IMHO this is a title you can skip. The art is not that good either. Skip this title and pickup Stoker's Dracula series or the Essential TOD TB. 893blahblah.gif

What were your impressions in general? Without spoliers, how was the art story and who is the creative team behind this book???

I picked it up, very Blade like (movie). The story is by Robert Rodi and Bruce Jones. Jamie Tolagson pencils, Tom Palmer and Jay Leisten on inks. Not familiar with all these guys, just happen to have the issue in front of me. Not bad for a first issue IMHO.

I bought this last week, unfortunately. I am a TOD fan and bought this hoping it would focus on Dracula as the main character, but unfortunately its main emphasis is on Blade and his gang of vampire hunters. IMHO this is a title you can skip. The art is not that good either. Skip this title and pickup Stoker's Dracula series or the Essential TOD TB. 893blahblah.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

I am going to give this one a couple more issues. To me it looks as if they are assembling a kick team to confront old Drac which will (hopefully) build into a great confrontation! Who's to say if the focus won't swing over to the main Vlad guy after this? The art was pretty decent and the way Blade sliced that one vamp up was nicely done. Not too bad IMHO.

Hmm, well looks like one for and against. Bruce Jones did some pretty good stuff on Hulk If I'm not mistaken, I didn't read it but most ppl were of the opinion that is was cool. Have to pop into the LCS this week and have a look at it.

Bruce Jones did some pretty good stuff on Hulk If I'm not mistaken, I didn't read it but most ppl were of the opinion that is was cool.

Um, and let's not forget that he wrote some of the best horror stories of the 70's and 80's..... makepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gif Please don't revoke my membership to the BA Horror forum. sorry.gif

The thing about alot of the 70's stuff is that the credits are not always easy to find. The artist is visible through the work, you just know its Kaluta, or Wrightson - or well you figure it out sooner or later.

foreheadslap.gif Please don't revoke my membership to the BA Horror forum. sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif Never would we do such a thing!

Come closer, young grasshopper, and listen well. We will teach you the ways of the weird, the ways of the horror-head.....

Well I strolled into the LCS today and queried as to the new TOD. I don't read previews cause they make everything sound sooo good, when most of it is soo not. So I was surprised to find out that it was a limited series. Strolled over to the rack, they only had 2 copies left - immediately knew Sienkiewicz did the cover which was a nice surprise - though I'm not sure I like the cover juggle.gif I just can't shake the Gene Colan debut - its just so Everything TOD was made to be. From the new cover you'd think it was another Blade spin off series - funny how things come full circle. Havent read it yet as I always read Hellblazer and Conan first and want to give this book a fair shot so I'll let it sit for a day as those 2 are a hard act to follow.