• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom and Sinister Six getting their own movies.

41 posts in this topic

Looks like there was some truth behind various rumors!

"The five writers, along with the two producers and Marc Webb, have formed a franchise brain trust to expand the universe for the brand and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films. Under the deals, the studio announced that Kurtzman & Orci & Pinkner are writing the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio hopes Webb will return to direct. That film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016. In addition, the team will build on the cinematic foundation laid by Webb, Arad, and Tolmach in the first two movies. They will expand the franchise with Kurtzman & Orci & Solomon writing the screenplay for Venom, which Kurtzman will direct. Goddard, then, will write with an eye to direct, The Sinister Six, focusing on the villains in the franchise. Hannah Minghella and Rachel O’Connor will oversee the development and production of these films for the studio."

Click HERE to see the complete article.

Sorry if this is old news, but I didn't see a topic including this anywhere.

Let's see what repercussions this news has on the comic collecting community!! :facepalm:

Spikes in ASM #298-300 and Annual #1 doh!

Here's hoping Topher Grace is free for this. :wishluck:

You don't think they'll just move on to the next actor available from that 70's show?

Maybe Wilmer Valderrama?

No Topher Grace or "The man of Grace" (as he is known in the Totem household :gossip: ) can be the only one.

I'm still pizzed they ignored my letter writing campaign to have an entire episode of the Actor's Studio dedicated to his transcendental performance as Eddie Brock/ Venom. :(

My heart weeps for what could have been. :sorry:

reposted from the previous thread:

I think, if they plan it correctly, you can have Venom go from villain / monster to hero within 3 films.

Thus creating a totally different franchise.

Venom 1 - Eddie Brock infected - 'classic' Venom A story / Flash Thompson war storyline plays as B story.

Venom 2 - Venom continues, Carnage created & Eddie cancer separated from symbiote / FT war hero, but severely injured in battle.

Venom 3 - Carnage, Anti-Venom created / Flash as new Venom

reposted from the previous thread:

I think, if they plan it correctly, you can have Venom go from villain / monster to hero within 3 films.

Thus creating a totally different franchise.

Venom 1 - Eddie Brock infected - 'classic' Venom A story / Flash Thompson war storyline plays as B story.

Venom 2 - Venom continues, Carnage created & Eddie cancer separated from symbiote / FT war hero, but severely injured in battle.

Venom 3 - Carnage, Anti-Venom created / Flash as new Venom

Carnage. :cloud9:

Perfect story line. Anyone ever read . Venom- The hunger. or Dark origins? Two of my favorite story lines ever, and they could def work with minimal Spiderman cameos. The first apperances of Venom NEED Spiderman so that wouldnt work. We all know the studio will butcher this movie, but cant hurt to dream. The Flash story is so dumb it shouldnt have the name Vemon in it