• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Tick #2 Uncut and raw

6 posts in this topic

These are extremely rare, although not impossible, to find in 9.4-9.8 range. I think I made a good deal on this one, still curious as to whether or not submit it or keep it raw and pay for a 9.8...if I can find one that is

Okay MetalPSI here goes putersmile1.gif

Front Cover:

TLHC has a bindery tear

BRHC has a colour rub

BLHC exhibits another bindery tear along with some minor colour rub

Spine has minor colour rub and numerous spine stresses. Three of which show possible colour breaks - from the bottom up the first one just below the staple, the second one (the second tic) in the yellow flame and the last one just below the top staple in the red flame. It's hard to tell if they are actually breaking colour from a scan as the scanner light sometimes produces a reflective glare that imitates a colour break. In this case you would have to confirm if there is actual colour break in these locations.

Back Cover:

For the most part the back cover is quite clean around the edges and spine. A couple of possible CB spine stresses however the same applies here to the spine stresses as mentioned above.

The bindery tears are less prevalent on the back cover due to the direction the of the tear.

The back cover exhibits signs of being on the bottom of the pile and the surface was not protected during the delivery process. This explains the colour rubs and scratches throughout the back cover.

Is this the rare "production error" issue?

The 1st edition of The Tick 2 was released with a die-cut cover: a small square window revealing the Tick from the first page. A mistake in the production resulted in a rare number of issues (less than 200) without the diecut being released.

IMHO I would think 8.0 for this book. This is a tough one to grade because I am not familiar with how CGC would address the colour rub and scratches on the back cover?

If CGC determines the rubs and scratches to be production related I would bump the grade to 9.0.

If the spine stresses are not CB I would bump the grade further to 9.2.

Really nice snag if this indeed is one of the production error books! smiley-greet013.gif

Keep us posted if you decide to get it graded! smiley-greet004.gif

Thanks so much for taking time on this one. I really love this issue, and yes, it is the rare production error.

I was wondering how the colour rubbing could have happened on the BC, and you saying it happened in transit after production makes sense to me.

Comic in hand shows colour breaking spine ticks near the top staple, but not the bottom. Ticks are there, just not CB. I dunno if there was a problem with their stapler, all the impact damage seems to be around them. Could be that the cover is such a low grade cardboard I suppose...

Thanks again :D

Thanks so much for taking time on this one. I really love this issue, and yes, it is the rare production error.

I was wondering how the colour rubbing could have happened on the BC, and you saying it happened in transit after production makes sense to me.

Comic in hand shows colour breaking spine ticks near the top staple, but not the bottom. Ticks are there, just not CB. I dunno if there was a problem with their stapler, all the impact damage seems to be around them. Could be that the cover is such a low grade cardboard I suppose...

Thanks again :D

Glad to help! smiley-greet005.gif