• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Factor 6 newsstand

10 posts in this topic

Last sub for today...I picked this copy up for about $15 20 years ago. Of course I happen to come across Apocalypse when Age of Apocalypse happens to be starting. Fell in love with the villain and had to have his first app.

I gave the moolah up even though this is not a great copy. Wondering if I should submit or hold out and get a better already slabbed one...

xfactor6front.jpg

xfactor6back.jpg

Ooooooh- Canadian newsstand variant

That's a spicey meat-a-ball!!

Press and keep in a Mylar. Don't sub

hm Press you say....Can someone link me to info on that please...Only thing I can find about it is cockling...which is more hilarious than informative

Ooooooh- Canadian newsstand variant

That's a spicey meat-a-ball!!

Press and keep in a Mylar. Don't sub

hm Press you say....Can someone link me to info on that please...Only thing I can find about it is cockling...which is more hilarious than informative

Pressing only helps certain defects! The CB corner creases will not be effected by pressing this book IMHO! Here are links to two reputable pressing companies.

Joey Post is probably the most well known and respected on these boards. Check out his thread too (see the link for that too!)

CFP Comics and Services Home Page

Classic Collectible Services Home Page

I Love Joey Post Thread

Cheers! smiley-greet004.gif

Thanks timern...

I don't think I will be pressing this issue. It lays nice and flat and has no rippling what so ever. Presents nice and bright, just has the spine colour breaks and that almost chip out of the right hand top side.

I am thinking of submitting, just so its in a nice CGC case for my collection. Is this rare enough to want to submit? I am not sure how many newsstand Canada copies are actually out there...

Hi PSI!,

The number of regular (American) news stand variants as opposed to direct issues is usually quite low. I believe I have read somewhere that it is about 10% or less of the overall distribution of the direct editions.reading.gif

Here in Canada the number of news stand variants was somewhere around 0.5% or less of the overall distribution from what I have heard and/or read. It is very limited and very rare as indicated by the CGC census. Other country price variants are even more rare.smiley-shocked003.gif

What makes these copies even more desirable is finding them in high grade! Most of these books are delivered to corner stores/cigar shops/drug stores etc. and the people that most get their hands on them are the "read-it-roll-it-up-put-it-in-your-back-pocket" people! High grade is even more rare!electricf.gif