• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 1

32 posts in this topic

I must just interject here a walking dead # 1 9.8 is not 9000 at all. The poster was referring to a walking dead # 1 CGC 9.9. CGC 9.8s are much less.

In regards to your other questions A press may help but if your looking at it like this you need to weigh the odds:

A press from Joey is gonna be about 8 bucks + shipping to him, then you will need to pay for the CGC grading fees, your looking at 28 bucks + 5 invoice fee. Then you will need to pay for the shipping to get returned and thats another 29 bucks so just to get one book pressed and graded your looking at about 80 bucks.

If yours did come back at a 9.8 It would be worth your trouble if it came back at a 9.4 or lower your not really making much for your trouble. Even at a 9.6 say you sold it on ebay for 1200 bucks theres a 156 fee and you need to ship it (12) = $168. + the 80 you spent to get it graded = 248. So say 950+ 250= 1200 so you back even. So what I would do is only and ONLY if your gonna hit a 9.8, Id sub, if not id sell RAW.

Wasn't the $950 offer for both the #1 and 2.

I must just interject here a walking dead # 1 9.8 is not 9000 at all. The poster was referring to a walking dead # 1 CGC 9.9. CGC 9.8s are much less.

In regards to your other questions A press may help but if your looking at it like this you need to weigh the odds:

A press from Joey is gonna be about 8 bucks + shipping to him, then you will need to pay for the CGC grading fees, your looking at 28 bucks + 5 invoice fee. Then you will need to pay for the shipping to get returned and thats another 29 bucks so just to get one book pressed and graded your looking at about 80 bucks.

If yours did come back at a 9.8 It would be worth your trouble if it came back at a 9.4 or lower your not really making much for your trouble. Even at a 9.6 say you sold it on ebay for 1200 bucks theres a 156 fee and you need to ship it (12) = $168. + the 80 you spent to get it graded = 248. So say 950+ 250= 1200 so you back even. So what I would do is only and ONLY if your gonna hit a 9.8, Id sub, if not id sell RAW.

Wasn't the $950 offer for both the #1 and 2.

Yes which is a low ball offer considering just the # 1 goes for High 780s to High 880s.

Hes still better off selling them both Raw

I still believe a press and grade.

Here's why

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-Oct-2003-Image-CGC-9-8-/221295741084?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338641089c and #2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-CGC-not-9-6-9-8-but-9-9-MINT-/251357811409?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a8617d2d1&nma=true&si=Ew68yask5lzOQpCc1I10j%252FQIygI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=

are these what you have and almost close to the grade?

I talked to someone at CGC and this is the first book they could relate to and I quote

" WALKING DEAD #1 JUST SOLD ON E-BAY FOR OVER $10,000.00 at 9.?"

So if yours comes back at 9.5 and if you get $3,000.00 this to me is a NO BRAINER

Press and grade #1 see waht it comes back as or sell both for $950.00 and let the buyer reape the rewords

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM REALLY NEED TO THINK ON THIS

First off, the auctions are for:

A 9.9

A 9.8 plus a raw

The OP has a book that mostlikely won't grade higher than 9.2 without a press.

Second, there are no 9.5's other than those wacky "Wizard" books. Settle down.

I still believe a press and grade.

Here's why

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-Oct-2003-Image-CGC-9-8-/221295741084?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338641089c and #2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-CGC-not-9-6-9-8-but-9-9-MINT-/251357811409?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a8617d2d1&nma=true&si=Ew68yask5lzOQpCc1I10j%252FQIygI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=

are these what you have and almost close to the grade?

I talked to someone at CGC and this is the first book they could relate to and I quote

So if yours comes back at 9.5 and if you get $3,000.00 this to me is a NO BRAINER

Press and grade #1 see waht it comes back as or sell both for $950.00 and let the buyer reape the rewords

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM REALLY NEED TO THINK ON THIS

Dude what the hell are you talking about there is no grade of a 9.5 so you did not talk to anyone. A press doesnt mean its an auto 9.8 certain things press certain things dont. That listing is for 2 books not 1. Looking at his images he does not have a 9.8 candidate with a press

ComicCollectorx19 you did not read my post right.

Look ABOVE the 9.5 (sorry I am used to cards I have been out of comics for awhile)

I said I talked to someone at CGC and they said

Sorry I could not remmember the grade she told me I apoligize for my febble mind I am getting old.

Also you do not have to be so hostile (Dude what the hell are you talking about)

some people make mistakes I for 1

I still say press and grade you will make WWWAAYY more money.

As far as #2 people will figure out there is a shorter print run (7500 I think thats what I read) and then that 1 will be in high demand

I did not mean to cause a prob. with my 2 cents worth

Depends on how quickly you want the money and how much you want to deal with:

$950 is a decent offer if 1 & 2 are around 9.0. You can get the money right away and don't need to deal with shipping (both ways, which could damage the books if you don't pack properly) add to a lengthy wait from cgc and in a sense could see the market come down (not that I believe it would unless it was after the end of the current season).

If they are both higher than 9.0 maybe see if the local guy will bump up his offer. Are they looking to keep or to send to cgc and sell? are they a store that needs to make a bit on them?

Hopefully this helps with your thoughts :)

ComicCollectorx19 you did not read my post right.

Look ABOVE the 9.5 (sorry I am used to cards I have been out of comics for awhile)

I said I talked to someone at CGC and they said

Sorry I could not remmember the grade she told me I apoligize for my febble mind I am getting old.

Also you do not have to be so hostile (Dude what the hell are you talking about)

some people make mistakes I for 1

I still say press and grade you will make WWWAAYY more money.

As far as #2 people will figure out there is a shorter print run (7500 I think thats what I read) and then that 1 will be in high demand

I did not mean to cause a prob. with my 2 cents worth

My bad dude didnt mean to be hostile towards you, just got a little over excited.

Thanks for the explanation though

Happy Holidays