• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 1

32 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Was referred here to see if it is worth getting this graded before trying to sell,

Found the Walking Dead #1 and #2 in my basement, haven't been touched for a decade or so, One fellow has offered me $950 in total for the both of them, if I drive the hour and a half up to his city, but really unsure of what to do!

I know grading will cost me about 90 bucks each after shipping to and from here in Canada, but not sure if it will help/hurt or just waste time

IMGP9051.jpg

IMGP9061.jpg

IMGP9062.jpg

IMGP9052.jpg

IMGP9053.jpg

At first glance I would say your WD #1 is at least 9.2 quite possibly higher but it is very difficult to tell from the pictures provided. A scanned image would be better although it is still not 100% as accurate as having the copy in hand to grade it.

That's my opinion. I am not confident enough to comment on the offer and would hope that other boardies would weigh in on this! (shrug)

At first glance I would say your WD #1 is at least 9.2 quite possibly higher but it is very difficult to tell from the pictures provided. A scanned image would be better although it is still not 100% as accurate as having the copy in hand to grade it.

That's my opinion. I am not confident enough to comment on the offer and would hope that other boardies would weigh in on this! (shrug)

Not sure it could grade higher with that kink at the bottom of the spine. Not without a press anyway.

Okay, well thanks!

Just wanted to make sure the ebay prices were just a pipe dream lol

the #2 is in better condition than 1, but no pictures of it uploaded,

So I have been following the ones on ebay for the past bit, and the 9.6 go for 1200 and up, while the 9.2's have all gone for around 850-$1025, and #2 goes for a couple hundred,

but I figure with the cost of grading, and shipping, and ebay fees of 10%, I can't be doing too bad!

Okay, well thanks!

Just wanted to make sure the ebay prices were just a pipe dream lol

the #2 is in better condition than 1, but no pictures of it uploaded,

So I have been following the ones on ebay for the past bit, and the 9.6 go for 1200 and up, while the 9.2's have all gone for around 850-$1025, and #2 goes for a couple hundred,

but I figure with the cost of grading, and shipping, and ebay fees of 10%, I can't be doing too bad!

Are these RAW prices or CGC?

I didn't know that 2 was lower run,

I was talked out of it by the local comic shop owner because I was the only one ordering it, and it wasn't going to last..

So since then I have just kept ordering the trade paperbacks, and 2 was the last actual single comic I have bought..

Going to have to do some looking into the press tho,

I am assuming its not just putting it in a cardboard sandwich and putting my ammo crate on top lol

I must just interject here a walking dead # 1 9.8 is not 9000 at all. The poster was referring to a walking dead # 1 CGC 9.9. CGC 9.8s are much less.

In regards to your other questions A press may help but if your looking at it like this you need to weigh the odds:

A press from Joey is gonna be about 8 bucks + shipping to him, then you will need to pay for the CGC grading fees, your looking at 28 bucks + 5 invoice fee. Then you will need to pay for the shipping to get returned and thats another 29 bucks so just to get one book pressed and graded your looking at about 80 bucks.

If yours did come back at a 9.8 It would be worth your trouble if it came back at a 9.4 or lower your not really making much for your trouble. Even at a 9.6 say you sold it on ebay for 1200 bucks theres a 156 fee and you need to ship it (12) = $168. + the 80 you spent to get it graded = 248. So say 950+ 250= 1200 so you back even. So what I would do is only and ONLY if your gonna hit a 9.8, Id sub, if not id sell RAW.