• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 Sells For 19,067.89

15 posts in this topic

i was watching that auction, can you imagine if you bought the 9.9 in SD for $25K if the seller was selling it. how much of a turnaround would you get? the owner of the 9.9 is for sure lucky that another 9.9 or 10 for that matter hasn't shown up yet. shocked.gifgrin.gif

I'm surprised...I've been watching this auction and given how fast it grew in price early on, I'm surprised it didn't break the 20 grand barrier. I had bet a co-worker it would break 22K...apparently the lunatics came to their collective senses late in the auction.

For the life of me I just can't get excited over this book....I don't see what all the hoopla is about.....if you ask me this book is gonna shake the ground underneath our feet when it crashes... crazy.gif

For the life of me I just can't get excited over this book....I don't see what all the hoopla is about.....if you ask me this book is gonna shake the ground underneath our feet when it crashes...

Amen to that. I was going to ask how many people collect/acquire-flip books because they're keys... but I bet that's been asked 10,000,000 times over by now, eh? lol

When I said that the lunatics had come to their collective senses, I only meant relative to how the auction was progressing early on.

I agree with araich that this book will come crashing down eventually. It's not a particularly good-looking comic and I'm confident there are several 9.8's or better yet to be discovered of this fairly recent book.

I think I just heard the price of major silver age & golden age keys double on eBay to keep pace w/ this absurd price realized for a comparatively common Hulk 181. For that much ca$h, u can have a more stable investment in Bat 1, Capt Amer 1, Detect 27, Action 1, etc.