• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 - who do you want to get SS'd?

122 posts in this topic

Just need a few signatures to complete my ALIENS cast.

Al Matthews

Paul Reiser

William Hope

And of course Cameron would be a nice addition.

Sam Kieth (Not going to happen)

Why not? He's done several signings in the past few years including one here for the boards. Just watch his blog for his next appearance.

Just need a few signatures to complete my ALIENS cast.

Al Matthews

Paul Reiser

William Hope

And of course Cameron would be a nice addition.

Nice. I currently have a commission with Den Beauvais (Cover artist for Aliens vol 2 Dark Horse)

And I have heard from practically everybody that Sam Kieth is not making any appearances anytime soon. Albert Moy amongst those....

Mark Millar has been at the top of my list for a few years now. I would love to meet him and get a couple of signatures. :wishluck:

I also need Jim Lee on one of my books and I am always down for a Larry Hama or Herb Trimpe G.I. Joe sketch. :cloud9:

Can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for our collections! :headbang:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jack Davis. I would LOVE for someone to score an op' with him this year. :cloud9:

1. Finish Firefly SS Photo (Fillion, Torres)

2. More WD sigs on cast photo

3. Rosenbaum, Mack on Smallville SS photo

4. Dushku on dollhouse cast photo

5 Defiance cast signed SS photo

Many more i'm sure.

2014 will be my second year as a CGC collector. I've spent this year trying to learn the ropes. I've done pretty well, made a few missteps, but I'm really excited about 2014!!

Artists:

Any artist over 80 years old (and find more slabbed books of recently deceased artists.)

Trimpe

Steranko

Wein

Wrightson

Delbo

ALL Sandman artists

Celebs:

More Game of Thrones

More True Blood

More Buffy and Angel

Grimm (TV show)

More Star Trek TV actors (especially more original series)

Still considering finally jumping in on Walking Dead?

More 60's sci-fi

Holding out hope for the impossible:

James Jean

Jon J Muth

Neil Gaiman

Leonard Nimoy

Those 4 guys are not imposible. I have books signed by all 4 of them. you just gotta work hard. Jon J Muth might be a allen spiegal fine arts booth at SDCC this year. James jean possibly a Baby Tattoo. Neil gaiman will surely have a book signing this year as he does every year. Get nimoy through celebrity authentics or buy one off ebay

James Jean is in, I believe, Hong Kong. There was an article in an art magazine talking about his exhibition but he was also really open about his personal life (specifically his ex-wife) that he went on and on about. Felt bad for the guy. Here's the article (be aware: his art may not be safe for work [NSFW]) --

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/james-jean-leaves-u-s-angry-and-broke-reemerges-in-asia-poor-and-happy/

On my list for next year:

CGC Signings

- Stan Lee

- Jim Shooter

- Mark Millar

- Grant Morrisson

- Warren Ellis (was in NYC recently but no CGC rep or witness available)

- Neal Adams

- Jim Steranko

- John Romita Jr.

- Klaus Janson

- Jose Luis Garcia Lopez

- Howard Chaykin

- George Perez

- Jim Starlin

- Todd McFarlane

- Peter David

- Marc Silvestri & Dan Green

- Adam & Andy Kubert

- Al Milgrom

Sketches / Original Art

- Ed McGuinness

- Humberto Ramos

- Rick Leonardi

- Andy Kubert

- Rafael Albuquerque

- Nick Bradshaw

- Jorge Molina

Those 4 guys are not imposible. I have books signed by all 4 of them. you just gotta work hard. Jon J Muth might be a allen spiegal fine arts booth at SDCC this year. James jean possibly a Baby Tattoo. Neil gaiman will surely have a book signing this year as he does every year. Get nimoy through celebrity authentics or buy one off ebay

You're right, thanks for the encouragement! Nothing is impossible. :)

Sigs:

Romita

Sketches:

more Batman sketches for my collection - too many artists to list here (I want to get at least 3-5 at each of the shows I plan to attend - MegaCon, Florida SuperCon, SDCC + more)

I really want a Jr Jr quick pencil head sketch of Batman and I want KJanson to ink it.

2014 will be my second year as a CGC collector. I've spent this year trying to learn the ropes. I've done pretty well, made a few missteps, but I'm really excited about 2014!!

Artists:

Any artist over 80 years old (and find more slabbed books of recently deceased artists.)

Trimpe

Steranko

Wein

Wrightson

Delbo

ALL Sandman artists

Celebs:

More Game of Thrones

More True Blood

More Buffy and Angel

Grimm (TV show)

More 60's sci-fi

James Jean

Jon J Muth

Neil Gaiman

Leonard Nimoy

The idea of this thread is who do you want to get a sketch or an Signature from a cover on at an upcoming show. So yes Nimoy is hard since he retired from the circuit. James Jean seems more of wanting to do gallery sessions than wanting to come to a con.

Artists:

Trimpe

Steranko

Wein

Wrightson

Delbo

ALL Sandman artists

Celebs:

More Game of Thrones

More True Blood

More Buffy and Angel

Grimm (TV show)

More 60's sci-fi

James Jean

Jon J Muth

Neil Gaiman

Leonard Nimoy

The idea of this thread is who do you want to get a sketch or an Signature from a cover on at an upcoming show. So yes Nimoy is hard since he retired from the circuit. James Jean seems more of wanting to do gallery sessions than wanting to come to a con.

cool esp, what am I thinking now?