• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: LOT OF 7 CGC COMIC BOOKS INCLUDING STAN LEE AUTOGRAPH, AVENGERS,BATMAN

291 posts in this topic

Timmay didn't you pay for the books? have you contacted the seller on ebay?

Yes and no.

I contacted paypal and filed a fraud claim.

Too bad about this I went to the HOS and PL list and man that thing is getting huge hopefully all funds can be recouped

Credit Card payment.

No risk.

ditto

Timmay didn't you pay for the books? have you contacted the seller on ebay?

Yes and no.

I contacted paypal and filed a fraud claim.

Too bad about this I went to the HOS and PL list and man that thing is getting huge hopefully all funds can be recouped

Credit Card payment.

No risk.

ditto

good work bro

:facepalm:

Sorry you have to deal with this. Why do these schmucks even bother. It's not like you sent them cash and they're going to win? Just stupidity!

But he didn't have to deal with this. It was obvious from the get go this was a fraud but he went ahead and bought them anyway.

A question. You pay via paypal with a credit card. Paypal pays the guy who then closes all his accounts. Paypal can't get its money back. Are they out the money to the credit card company? How does this work?

Having no idea, I bet it's Paypal. I'd be surprised if the credit card companies worked out a deal where they can't get their money back after reimbursing a card holder.

Chargeback risk all lies on the merchant side of the transaction. In this case, Paypal or a bank backing Paypal is left holding the bag if they can't recoup the money from the seller.

What you typically think of as "Credit Card Companies" like Visa and MasterCard aren't involved as much as you'd think. There are banks such as Chase or Citi that back the issued cards on the buyer side and merchant accounts on the seller side. You're used to dealing with the banks' risk departments when you get a call from their fraud department about unusual activity, but the banks backing the merchant side also have large fraud departments trying to stop fraudulent merchants or merchants with a high chargeback risk before they can do too much damage.

A question. You pay via paypal with a credit card. Paypal pays the guy who then closes all his accounts. Paypal can't get its money back. Are they out the money to the credit card company? How does this work?

I was of the understanding that Paypal is on the hook for this as part of their efforts to satisfy all customer guarantees.

I was of the understanding that Paypal is on the hook for this as part of their efforts to satisfy all customer guarantees.

There's a subtle distinction based on the type of payment.

If the payment was made by credit card, then it's your relationship with your card issuer that protects you as a buyer and Paypal is forced to assume the risk.

If paying by some other means, then it's you're relationship with Paypal and their Customer Guarantees by which they voluntarily assume the risk.

What I don't understand is this... most of these scammers have to link some sort of to their address. We are seeing people being defrauded of five figures. Are they not worried that someone one day is going to take things too far and pay them a visit?

Sorry you have to deal with this. Why do these schmucks even bother. It's not like you sent them cash and they're going to win? Just stupidity!

But he didn't have to deal with this. It was obvious from the get go this was a fraud but he went ahead and bought them anyway.

Hey, I talked Hector out of any sort of deal. :baiting:

Hey, I talked Hector out of any sort of deal. :baiting:

:golfclap:

I want nothing to do with this sale anymore.

Hector, call me a pessimist but if you really thought that you were getting whatever you thought you would have purchased in the probable manilla envelope with a smaller-than-a-comic-book- piece of cereal box cardboard as protection for that book... then I have something you might be interested in. I am not sure though if it has been pressed.

Brooklyn_Bridge_11.jpg

The title for the bridge is still on the table.