• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And we have a winner...

87 posts in this topic

Bought a phone off a guy in Ireland, it went quite cheap - guy mailed me - wrong description, I'll refund - no, just send it please - next he said he'd dropped it and it wouldn't switch on - I had him send and it works perfectly, it just didn't sell as high as he wanted.

It's like people can't just be up front but have to have some kind of agenda all the time.

I hate it when people suddenly "damage" an item that went cheap at auction...

A few years back, I was bidding on a really nice Conan #24. I got it for $5 and it was easily worth 10 times that. Since the seller offered combined shipping for up to 5 books and I was already paying shipping, I figured I'd buy a few other cheap books that I normally wouldn't bother with.

Two weeks later, my package arrives in the mail with my four cheap "take advantage of the combined shipping" books, a note saying he accidentally tore the cover to the Conan #24, and $5 in cash as a refund... I'd have cancelled the entire order if he'd told me about that ahead of time. Never mind the fact that five US singles aren't particularly useful to me in Canada...

:tonofbricks:

I would have demanded the ripped book

He ain't gettin off that easy

I would have demanded the ripped book

He ain't gettin off that easy

You can demand all you want. It doesn't change anything. Now if you were to strenuously object, that's another story.

demi-moore-a-few-good-men_thumb.gif

If you can't grade, don't assign a grade and take lots of pictures that clearly show the flaws. Describe everything.

This.

It's ridiculous saying stuff like "I'm not an expert grader" or "grading is subjective" and then assigning a grade. The reason people do that is to try to get the value of the grade they are stating without being accountable for that grade.

I have been saying this for years. Assigning grades just asks for trouble. Even if you are a good grader, there are people that will wildly disagree with you.

Pics and description.

I have no problem with assigning a grade to a comic I'm selling and I do it all the time. I will however stand by the grade I give it rather than making some excuse and if someone has a legitimate disagreement with my grade then I'll take it seriously and I'll always accept returns.

There is nothing wrong with grading a comic you're selling providing that a) you have some idea on how to grade and b) you're willing to take responsibility for the grade you assign rather than trying to blow it off with an excuse.

And another person of total awesomeness - offered me £290 for an ASM # 129, so I accepted.

Then I get this message -

Hello,

would you accept 250 or 260 GBP too?

I looked up some prices of the asm 129 on ebay.com and there were some cgc graded 7.0 129s for about 500 usd...

And the non graded ones in better condition (6.5-7.5) are cheaper too...

Would be nice.

Would you gas up your car, then go haggle over the price with the attendant ?

I just cannot believe how obtuse ebay buyers can be...

I try to give the best grade I can but I clearly state that I am not confident in my grading skills in the least, and to take that into consideration. If I'm selling cheap comics I tell people flat out, don't buy if you're looking for a 9.8 because I don't know how to spot one and will not promise one. If I'm selling a higher priced comic then the best pics I can get along with an in depth description of every flaw I can find is what I give. I usually save the advertised grade from when I bought it, and assuming I haven't damaged it while it was in my possession, I will give that grade again, stating that it's the grade assigned by the prior owner. I just try to give all the info I can while not being an expert grader.