• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB- YTLM #1 art.

86 posts in this topic

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

I'm (probably blissfully) completely ignorant of the market on TWD art, but any time someone wants to compare my collection to MNSN in ANY way, I'll take it as a tremendous compliment, so thanks for that!

But I don't own any covers from the series I covet so much :makepoint:

And you never will. :devil:

"Never" is a harsh word

but 25% of the interior art is a nice consolation :devil::devil:

I think Branget thinks you're talking about YTLM covers when you mean PREACHER covers.

The fact that one collector has a stranglehold on 99% of the PREACHER covers also explains why interiors are valued so highly. It's similar with YTLM, in that a huge chunk of covers are buried, although not as extreme a situation as PREACHER.

Who is this one collector? I was referring to Preacher since MNSN insists on keeping my Weisnefled then I too shall play with his passions. rantrant

And here I thought you had a PREACHER cover as trade bait.

THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER :sumo:

Yup. HokieGAK and I have chatted about this over the years, and I believe I told him early on that YTLM had the potential to be another PREACHER, in terms of the art. That was a close parallel to me, more than any other Vertigo series, for multiple reasons. But even then, I didn't expect PREACHER (let alone YTLM) to be what it's become, with pages reaching five figures. (OK, I only know about one page, and it's an outlier, but still!)

Indeed you did.

You once told me you thought Y would settle in around FABLES or maybe a little higher. That seemed reasonable at the time, to me. I haven't really followed where FABLES is since I gave up on buying (and sometime thereafter, reading) it.

If anyone wants to offer me 5 figures for a page, I'm all ears. For six figures, I'd consider handing over a ready-made collection :wishluck:

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

I'm (probably blissfully) completely ignorant of the market on TWD art, but any time someone wants to compare my collection to MNSN in ANY way, I'll take it as a tremendous compliment, so thanks for that!

But I don't own any covers from the series I covet so much :makepoint:

And you never will. :devil:

"Never" is a harsh word

I think Branget thinks you're talking about YTLM covers when you mean PREACHER covers.

The fact that one collector has a stranglehold on 99% of the PREACHER covers also explains why interiors are valued so highly. It's similar with YTLM, in that a huge chunk of covers are buried, although not as extreme a situation as PREACHER.

Who is this one collector? I was referring to Preacher since MNSN insists on keeping my Weisnefled then I too shall play with his passions. rantrant

And here I thought you had a PREACHER cover as trade bait.

THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER :sumo:

(tsk)

It's only just begun. :whee:

Yup. HokieGAK and I have chatted about this over the years, and I believe I told him early on that YTLM had the potential to be another PREACHER, in terms of the art. That was a close parallel to me, more than any other Vertigo series, for multiple reasons. But even then, I didn't expect PREACHER (let alone YTLM) to be what it's become, with pages reaching five figures. (OK, I only know about one page, and it's an outlier, but still!)

Indeed you did.

You once told me you thought Y would settle in around FABLES or maybe a little higher. That seemed reasonable at the time, to me. I haven't really followed where FABLES is since I gave up on buying (and sometime thereafter, reading) it.

If anyone wants to offer me 5 figures for a page, I'm all ears. For six figures, I'd consider handing over a ready-made collection :wishluck:

hm

Indeed you did.

:o

Just what's in your CAF gallery or all of it? :devil:

I think when I said that YTLM would settle in around FABLES, FABLES was a lot higher than it is now! That series has been hurt by overstaying its welcome. Hard to say if values for the interior art will ever recover at this point (the beautiful James Jean covers are another story).

:o

Just what's in your CAF gallery or all of it? :devil:

Somewhere pretty close to all of it. I'd probably want to keep a memento or two for myself, but I'd say I'm flexible.

Why? Got six figures worth of money burning a hole in your pocket?

There's more Y than in your CAF Mr Kessler?

Apparently Felix thinks so. Why deny him the pleasure of believing in the mysterious, hidden vault of Y: The Last Man original art?

Just a bit of tongue-in-cheek. Branget might be seriously interested, though!

And the vault seems to be with either Jose or Pia or both, if what you guys are saying is true!

I can't stop thinking about this. Do you really own 25% of the interior art?

Me either :news:

But, no, it's not correct. I misspoke. What I meant to say is I DON"T OWN 75% of the interior pages, so anyone that wants one should go out and buy a page :baiting:

I know there is a cool factor and probably a price premium now and in the future on pages from issue #1 (goes for other series as well) but just flipping through #1 again, I see only a handful of really desirable pages.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series (a little) later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series. I think art from the first couple (few?) trades are more desirable because they have the word balloons.

Just my own .02 as a fan of the series! I am very happy with my cover from very late in the series as my example. There is only one other piece of art from the series I'm dying to get my hands on but the current owner has never been willing to entertain offers, as I know he doesn't need the $$$.

I know there is a cool factor and probably a price premium now and in the future on pages from issue #1 (goes for other series as well) but just flipping through #1 again, I see only a handful of really desirable pages.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series.

Just my own .02 as a fan of the series! I am very happy with my cover from very late in the series as my example. There is only one other piece of art from the series I'm dying to get my hands on but the current owner has never been willing to entertain offers, as I know he doesn't need the $$$.

Agreed, but this chase isn't for the cool factor. Just like my page from WD #1, this is all about nostalgia and sentimental value from one of my favorite stories/comics. I own a page from issue #3, and to be honest it's better than any page I'll probably end up getting from #1, pending some updates.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series.

Agreed, but this chase isn't for the cool factor. Just like my page from WD #1, this is all about nostalgia and sentimental value from one of my favorite stories/comics. I own a page from issue #3, and to be honest it's better than any page I'll probably end up getting from #1, pending some updates.

Yeah your page from #3 is great - the series got even better once the characters got on the road.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series (a little) later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series. I think art from the first couple (few?) trades are more desirable because they have the word balloons.

Oh, come on. What piece are you dying to get? Feel free to PM me but if the seller ain't selling then......

I can't stop thinking about this. Do you really own 25% of the interior art?

Me either :news:

But, no, it's not correct. I misspoke. What I meant to say is I DON"T OWN 75% of the interior pages, so anyone that wants one should go out and buy a page :baiting:

:taptaptap:

How many pages do you own? My CHEW collection is rather substantial and when you mentioned 25% I was :ohnoez:

Oh, come on. What piece are you dying to get? Feel free to PM me but if the seller ain't selling then......

Whatever page it is, it must not be one of mine, because I always need the $$$. I'd also be interested in knowing. It's been years since Jon has sold me any art, so once he gets it I'm sure he'll be more than happy to flip it to me.

Also, thanks to Jon for the comment on my cover today. Probably my favorite cover in the whole series and the one I'll be saddest to give up when I sell everything to Felix for 6 figures.