• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange: Nabisco Wolverine 145 variant w/ white sheet hanging out

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me with the following inquiry: I recently acquired copies of Wolverine 145 Nabisco variant in CGC 9.6 and 9.0. They both have what looks to be a white sheet sticking out (9.0 below and 9.6 lower right) about a 1/4 in. and will shift slightly when moved. I have had one pull free from the staples during shipping before, but these are both intact. I compared it to my other 4 copies and none of them have it save one (9.2) with a 1/16 in hanging below that seems fixed. I am pissed, but don't know if this is normal or not. Someone please help me with this, and thanks in advance.

It sounds to me like you are talking about the microchamber paper that is inserted into the comic when grading. It is a normal occurance, although it can be a little distracting.

Pictures might help us clarify what you are looking at.

Yea, I know. . That Nabisco variant is a tough book at 9.6. I got it at a steal too. Man, I will try tapping it lightly again later and hopefully get lucky. Jeez, I would lose my mind if a SS #1 want perfect! I just love the Nabisco variant. I have 9 copies I think all above 9.0. This was a "grail book" for me. At least it is not damaged.

Yea, I know. . That Nabisco variant is a tough book at 9.6. I got it at a steal too. Man, I will try tapping it lightly again later and hopefully get lucky. Jeez, I would lose my mind if a SS #1 want perfect! I just love the Nabisco variant. I have 9 copies I think all above 9.0. This was a "grail book" for me. At least it is not damaged.

:applause:

That's one of my favorite modern variants. Not a big variant person, but I do like that one. Great colors, hard to find book in grade because of the black cover and Bill S art.

I had a Silver Surfer #1 that was like that - drove me crazy when I looked at it. lol

I have a Surfer #1 that does that too! Damn those larger slabs. :eek:

Are all SS #1s in the larger slabs? I've only owned one.