• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to sell books

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have accumulated a ton of mostly Marvel & DC Hardcovers & Trade Paperbacks as about 3 years ago I stopped buying new comics and switched to trades. I now have boxes and boxes of them and was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on the best way to sell some of them off.

Thanks,

Jeff

1) answer all the PMs you have coming in :lol:

2) try to sell them here on the boards first, either indivdually or in lots, in the For Sale section

3) I was gonna say "WTTB," but you joined not longer after I did! So, nice to finally hear from you!

:)

-slym

Put them up in the Modern Age sales forum, but be realistic about the prices. Most TPBs don't sell for more than $3 or $4 dollars and few HCs sell for more than $5. There are always exceptions, but don't expect to get anywhere near half cover for them here.

An alternative would be checking out MyComicShop or Mile High. They buy a lot of stuff, but don't pay very much either.

Trading them here might get more bang for the buck.

Thanks for the advice..it just seems like a lot of work to have sell books individually for around $5 each.

I might try my local comic shop.

Jeff

FYI - you likely won't get much more than that at a local comic shop. Most trades have extremely high print runs are abundant in the market. If you go to Amazon, many (many, many, many) of them are selling at $1 plus shipping.

Selling them in lots or trading them on the boards will likely get the fastest action.

Twice I have seen people suggest trading them, but the OP clearly states he wants to sell.

:shrug:

jeffreyk - it is either going to be a little work (it really isn't that hard) to sell them, or you won't get anywhere near what they are worth (even at $4-5 a piece), or, maybe you should consider keeping them.

:(

-slym

I just asked for a list, I'm looking for a few to fill in series...but this is what I'd do.

Make a list, take some group pictures.

List them in Mixed unless they are all modern or all GA/SA. If so, put them in those forums.

Offer a flat shipping fee, with a discount if someone buys more than x number.

Save the rest for raffle prizes or donate some to a hospital and take a tax write off.