• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what's the best way to monetize a case of Superman 204 and Identity Crisis 1

13 posts in this topic

So, hypothetically speaking, let's say that you have a case (200 copies) of Superman 204 and Identity Crisis 1 that you are trying to convert into cash. What's the best way to do it?

-leak them out on ebay in 10 book lots?

-sell them outright as a case on ebay?

-bury them in the sand for 10 years?

Just curious as to what people think is the best way to go about doing this. Shipping a whole case is pretty heavy; I would say that the Supes case is ~30lbs and the IC case is ~35 pounds.

Thoughts?

(and offers? tongue.gif)

DAM

ship it directly to CGC to slab all 9.8s, or maybe 9.6s if they sell for enough.

then put them on ebay individually, and sell the rest in lots as "unread mint from sealed case" so everyone will think they are 9.8 candidates. Course, second time through the lights, they just might be 9.8s!!

Um...please open both cases as I'd like to purchase ONE copy of each foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Sell them now in lots of 10 wink.gif

If you want to go through the time and cost, you can prescreen, but talk to guys like Colossus and ebay sellers like liquid adamantium to see if it is even worth it. If they have submitted the same books and come back with sales of 10.0s and 9.9s, it may not have the return envisioned.

I would say that the Supes case is ~30lbs and the IC case is ~35 pounds.

Thoughts?

(and offers? tongue.gif)

DAM

I'd say you need to pay some one to lift it for you 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I was thinking of putting the Supes case on ebay with the disclaimer that I will not shift under any circumstances and that you have to carry it yourself! ha!

I might put a few of the ICs through to the boys in Sarasota, but the Supes 204 seem to be a lost cause . . . Colossus has 9.9s in quantity if anyone is interested

Thanks guys,

DAM

Hey Dave,

I agree that the Superman 204s might be a lost cause.

I have an idea concerning the Identity Crisis #1's that I want to discuss with you. I sent you an e-mail a couple of minutes ago.

Kev

PS If the IC #1 idea works we might be able to do something similar with the Superman 204s at a later date.

forget th efuture for these books. Their future is NOW!!! or maybe a few months ago.

keep a bunch if you want to hedge your bets. But plan on storing them for at least 20 years.

It's also going to be hard to do something with either books right now. Both of them are still available on the newsstand due to the inflated ordering done by the stores. Looks like you are going to have to sell them at a discount to retail in order to get rid of them. Hopefully, you can still breakeven by doing this, otherwise you just might have to hold onto them for 20+ years.

It's absolutely preposterous how DC claims that IC #1 is a total sellout and requires a second printing in order to meet all of the demand. It's certainly not a sellout at the retail store level as far as I can tell.

Sure, Superman 204 is easily obtainable everywhere. Mostly because Lee's Superman sucks... it was heavily ordered and people have been dropping the title like flies.

On the other hand, Identity Crisis 1 is a little harder to find and I have seen it selling for more than cover at certain stores and at certain dealer tables at the Motor City Con. Then again, I've also seen it available at some stores for cover price... never at less than cover.

But if the book was so heavily speculated on and copies are so plentiful, then who the [#@$%!!!] was reordering it in July and August? If you look at the sales stats for the last four months you will see issues of IC being reordered regularly.

Preorder sales on issue 4 actually exceeded preorder sales on issue 3, so there is life in this title beyond speculation.