• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy crappola!

35 posts in this topic

It just kills me though when a book like that goes up, from any dealer, at a price like that and the scan isn't up to par. Scanning isn't that difficult. Maybe I should start a service....email me the scan and for $2 a scan I'll adjust it properly so it shows a ton better. Whadya say Bob, wanna sign up? hi.gif

Although actually, your scans aren't that bad. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It just kills me though when a book like that goes up, from any dealer, at a price like that and the scan isn't up to par. Scanning isn't that difficult. Maybe I should start a service....email me the scan and for $2 a scan I'll adjust it properly so it shows a ton better. Whadya say Bob, wanna sign up? hi.gif

So...I must owe you a ton? crazy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just keep an eye out for Green Rivers and we're square! thumbsup2.gif

Just keep an eye out for Green Rivers and we're square!

Brad, since you are now Mr. Pedigree (allright Mr. PedigreeLight since Doug will always be the true Mr. Pedigree), I still don't have one GREEN RIVER book in my collection:

Find me a Marvel Silver-Age CGC 9.4 Green River book without the date stamp on the front cover, and I will trade you at least as good if not better book for it. I'm serious, I need a really nice GR book.

I'll even trade you another pedigree books (i.e. Pacific Coast, Mass, White Mountain, Boston, Northland, etc.).

i had thought that in talking to capt tripps about 3-4 months ago, that there were NO FF#3's above 9.0 at that time. did that 9.4 that's now certified crop up recently?? i would opine that this particular book will bring the $15,000. it's a Key book (IMO this is the book where they figured out where they were going with the title) that only has one better copy graded so far, and no others as good. makes one weak in the knees............ grin.gif

i would opine that this particular book will bring the $15,000. it's a Key book (IMO this is the book where they figured out where they were going with the title) that only has one better copy graded so far, and no others as good. makes one weak in the knees............

To think that #3 issue is worth more than the #2 issue of a run, just because of scarcity.

THE CENSUS IS WORKING!!!! acclaim.gif

(IMO this is the book where they figured out where they were going with the title)

I agree totally! I've always held the opinion that if the FF were cancelled after the first two issues, you couldn't distinguish 1& 2 from all the other Marvel pre-hero material. (The creative ending to # 2 in particular is entirely reminiscent of a good Stan Lee pre-hero tale where the overmatched hero outwits his more powerful monsterous adversary).

# 3 is to the FF what TTA # 35 is to the Ant-Man character. IMHO, it is the true beginning of the Marvel superhero universe. Nuff said! sumo.gif

i would opine that this particular book will bring the $15,000. it's a Key book (IMO this is the book where they figured out where they were going with the title) that only has one better copy graded so far, and no others as good. makes one weak in the knees............

To think that #3 issue is worth more than the #2 issue of a run, just because of scarcity.

THE CENSUS IS WORKING!!!! acclaim.gif

Also issue #3 is more of a key wouldn't you agree?

Just keep an eye out for Green Rivers and we're square!

Brad, since you are now Mr. Pedigree (allright Mr. PedigreeLight since Doug will always be the true Mr. Pedigree), I still don't have one GREEN RIVER book in my collection:

Find me a Marvel Silver-Age CGC 9.4 Green River book without the date stamp on the front cover, and I will trade you at least as good if not better book for it. I'm serious, I need a really nice GR book.

I'll even trade you another pedigree books (i.e. Pacific Coast, Mass, White Mountain, Boston, Northland, etc.).

I'm flattered Steve, but I am not Mr. Pedigree-Lite or Mr. Pantywaist Pedigree. To mention my wannabe collection in the same sentence as Doug's is hiliarious (even if it is cool!). It's totally concentrated in my Green River and Avengers stash. It's not a wide ranging collection at all. And a ton are low-enders. I've got just a couple that are 9.4s. But let me take a look see.

You should have gone for the Avengers #22 9.4 that got sold on the Bay earlier this month...it didn't have a date stamp. It had come from Dougs site and got flipped...for about $360 as I recall.

I'll also let you know if I come across a book that fits your parameters anywhere else.

Brad

i had thought that in talking to capt tripps about 3-4 months ago, that there were NO FF#3's above 9.0 at that time. did that 9.4 that's now certified crop up recently??

No, it has been there for years; it was in the very first Census CGC put up. Also, Brulato alluded to owning it in that "Scoop" article they did on him in 2001 when he said he owned the whole FF run in CGC 9.4 or better except #18...although I've always wondered about that since in the first Census, I noted that the highest-graded copy of the ultra-hard-to-find #13 was 9.2. It could have been an error, because the first few Censuses also didn't list the 9.6 AF15 despite the fact that Borock stated publicly at a con (quoted in CBG) that they had graded one copy of it, but it wasn't in the Census and didn't show up in the next Census update after the article came out.

The 9.2 that is the topic of this thread is brand new since the last Census update.

if you don't mind my asking, what grade did you get on your FF#11?? also, what grade is YOUR FF #3??
I used "buy it now" on the FF 11 a few weeks ago. It's not as nice as the one I tried to swindle from you at an obscenely low multiple of guide tongue.gif , and as is the case with all my FFs, I'm looking to upgrade as I can afford it. But I'm still rather pleased with it, particularly since I got it for $400 less than the last two sales in the same grade. cloud9.gif
ff3_small.jpg

Click for larger image

ff11_small.jpg

Click for larger image

if you don't mind my asking, what grade did you get on your FF#11?? also, what grade is YOUR FF #3??
I used "buy it now" on the FF 11 a few weeks ago. It's not as nice as the one I tried to swindle from you at an obscenely low multiple of guide tongue.gif , and as is the case with all my FFs, I'm looking to upgrade as I can afford it. But I'm still rather pleased with it, particularly since I got it for $400 less than the last two sales in the same grade. cloud9.gif
ff3_small.jpg

Click for larger image

ff11_small.jpg

Click for larger image

When you go to sell it, let me know. I might be interested. thumbsup2.gif