• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy crappola!

35 posts in this topic

that #3 looks mighty fine to me. too bad about the trimming, but the overall presentation is beautiful. thumbsup2.gif

i'll be selling my #3 (8.0 VF - unrestored - ow pgs) along with the rest of my FF's in the spring. hope the movie scuttlebutt stays positive and does nothing to clobber the demand........... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

i'll be selling my #3 (8.0 VF - unrestored - ow pgs) along with the rest of my FF's in the spring. hope the movie scuttlebutt stays positive and does nothing to clobber the demand...........

As if early FF's needed any more reason to be in demand. confused-smiley-013.gif

i'll be selling my #3 (8.0 VF - unrestored - ow pgs) along with the rest of my FF's in the spring. hope the movie scuttlebutt stays positive and does nothing to clobber the demand........... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What other FF issues do you have? I couldn't make a fair offer on your #11 because Drummy callously robbed me tongue.gif of all my comics spending money on his #13, but if you'll give me a preview of what you're selling (including scans) on any issues in 8.5 or better, I might try to save up for them.

I tried this with Eide's back when I first found out they were selling their FFs, but they wouldn't tell me which issues they had. Given that timing an auction such that all of your potential buyers are ready and willing to shell out, I'll never know why they wouldn't help a potential buyer plan their expenses around their sales...I ended up being broke by the time they listed them!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

i had thought that in talking to capt tripps about 3-4 months ago, that there were NO FF#3's above 9.0 at that time.

He must have been saying that no FF #3s were AVAILABLE in 9.0 or above, because he mentioned in a thread several months ago that Brulato had the 9.4 and the 9.2 was owned by the widow of a 9/11 victim. Won`t Tripps be after this 9.2 copy himself, seeing as his own copy is "only" a 9.0?

What other FF issues do you have? I couldn't make a fair offer on your #11 because Drummy callously robbed me tongue.gif of all my comics spending money on his #13, but if you'll give me a preview of what you're selling (including scans) on any issues in 8.5 or better, I might try to save up for them.

I tried this with Eide's back when I first found out they were selling their FFs, but they wouldn't tell me which issues they had. Given that timing an auction such that all of your potential buyers are ready and willing to shell out, I'll never know why they wouldn't help a potential buyer plan their expenses around their sales...I ended up being broke by the time they listed them!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Interestingly enough, out of 31 graded copies of FF's below # 35, there are NO 8.5's..........(this in contrast to my JIM's at 106 or below in which 17 got graded and 6 turned out to be 8.5's).

nevertheless, of those 31 FF's, 21 got 8.0's or better and nothing was below that # 2's - 6.5., so there will be some decent stuff up for grabs. Issues # 11 (already sold via Pedigree), 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, 32 & 34 were all graded as 9.0 or better. also, nothing got a PQ worse than off-white.

i will have had my #1 finally graded by then (not sure why i've never proceeded with that one before) as well. hoping for a 7.5-8.0........... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

that #3 looks mighty fine to me. too bad about the trimming, but the overall presentation is beautiful. thumbsup2.gif

Let me know when you're selling.. cloud9.gif

i had thought that in talking to capt tripps about 3-4 months ago, that there were NO FF#3's above 9.0 at that time.

He must have been saying that no FF #3s were AVAILABLE in 9.0 or above, because he mentioned in a thread several months ago that Brulato had the 9.4 and the 9.2 was owned by the widow of a 9/11 victim. Won`t Tripps be after this 9.2 copy himself, seeing as his own copy is "only" a 9.0?

Its too bad we don't see Capt on these boards like we use too, I guess his plate is full running his own shop. Is he still actively collecting SA or has he switched to HG BA books or none of the above?

Its too bad we don't see Capt on these boards like we use too, I guess his plate is full running his own shop.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I made my post. It`s really too bad, he provided a lot of interesting information on these boards.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its too bad we don't see Capt on these boards like we use too, I guess his plate is full running his own shop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I made my post. It`s really too bad, he provided a lot of interesting information on these boards.

I would expect him to post more in a few weeks. He has had some problems with his internet service (from the Hurrucanes) as he is not living in his own house yet. It hasn't affected his business per se (as he came over my house on Sunday and hijacked my computer for several hours), and I believe all will be resolved soon.

And he does have a lot of great stories.

It just kills me though when a book like that goes up, from any dealer, at a price like that and the scan isn't up to par. Scanning isn't that difficult. Maybe I should start a service....email me the scan and for $2 a scan I'll adjust it properly so it shows a ton better. Whadya say Bob, wanna sign up? hi.gif

Although actually, your scans aren't that bad. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So...I must owe you a ton? crazy.gif

893whatthe.gif

He probably wouldn't mind if you made your way over to the message board on his site.....it's been a little quiet there. confused-smiley-013.gif The Fantastic Forum (cute.).

I find its kind of hard to juggle both boards. It might help if Doug jumped in on his own forum on occassion. Or does he already? confused-smiley-013.gif

He probably wouldn't mind if you made your way over to the message board on his site.....it's been a little quiet there. The Fantastic Forum (cute.).

I don't disagree, but I think it's better to list or buy books from his site (that drives traffic). And several of the books that sold a few days ago were mine.

893applaud-thumb.gif